2550 RBR with Yammie 250 VMAX SHO - Prop

rnusr01

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to water test my new boat tomorrow. Dealer has installed a Yamaha Saltwater Series 14 3/4 x 19 prop says that is what is recommended by the manufacturer. Just curious as to any input on that.

Thanks

I'm spinning an 18 pitch on my 250 Merc Verado and a 2275RCW, but started with 19. I'd think that would be a lot of pitch for a bigger 2550, but you're going to have to get through the break in period to really find out where you are. Usually Bennington has heavily tested the Yamaha's so you should be very close.

They actually put on a Yamaha SS2 stainless 15P x 15-3/4 that's what the performance bulletins recommend to start with. Seems about where everyone else is.

Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's break in directions to the tee.  It's a pretty boring first couple of hours.

You should be pushing 44-45 mph @ 6000 rpms, according to Yamaha's Performance Bulletins.

Ya that's gonna be the difficult part is babying it around for a while........

It goes fast, literally!

I plan on being completed with my 2 hour break in approximately 120 minutes after my boat hits our lake. Dying to open it up!

I plan on doing the same Andy you still taking delivery on Saturday

Yes! Dealer advised he has two local deliveries and will be heading my way after that. I still need to get the lift in (long story) so that should be done tomorrow or early Saturday.

I'm hoping for Saturday myself weather permitting. Was at wilson today and I guess they rigged it at the Brighton store. The service guy is going to pick it up tomorrow morning so I will be definitely at the dealer tomorrow checking it out. Good luck with everything

the performance bullitin for a 2575 bennington with the 250 v max is with a 15 3/4 X 15 salt water series 2. Wonder if your dealer only had that diameter prop in stock and is making up for it in pitch just a thought

I'm hoping for Saturday myself weather permitting. Was at wilson today and I guess they rigged it at the Brighton store. The service guy is going to pick it up tomorrow morning so I will be definitely at the dealer tomorrow checking it out. Good luck with everything
Good luck with yours too, hopefully we have a dry day for our maiden voyages!

Back