303 or Scotch Guard

highpond

Reaction score
Its coming to that time when I'll be taking off the shrink wrap and looking to water proof the Benny play pin cover. The price of both 303 Fabric Guard & Scotch Guard are about the same on E-Bay About $55.00 SG.  to $69.00 for 303 a gallion. I know some of ya'll have tried both. Now I'm trying to decide which. The big ??? I have does either or both build up to a point were they start to peel or flake making a bigger mess or should I just leave it alone. The cover and boat were new last year and did let some rain through to the rug. I'd like to stop it if I can. but not to the point of ending up with a bigger problem.

I still have the original cover for my 2005. Last Spring while still on my trailer a strong rain storm came through and I got underneath the cover of my boat. I could not believe how many little pin holes of water we're coming through. A few days later I purchased several cans of Campguard spray and did the entire cover. I don't have a single leak now and I know this for sure because later in the summer while it was raining I went under the covered boat again and it was dry as a bone....not one leak.

Thanks Jack. I looked at E-Bay and prices start @ $64.00

Back