9” vs 12” Simrad on R23

drjbeyer

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has pics of either of these. Would like to 12” but don’t want it to be obnoxiously large. Dealer thinks 9” is fine but I plan on keeping this boat for a while so I am leaning towards 12.

Any input/opinion is certainly appreciated.

I have the 9 on my Q ,I would have ordered the 12 but it was not offered at the time

20200706_125856.jpg
Click on the pic to enlarge

Curious if anyone has pics of either of these. Would like to 12” but don’t want it to be obnoxiously large. Dealer thinks 9” is fine but I plan on keeping this boat for a while so I am leaning towards 12.

Any input/opinion is certainly appreciated.
When it comes to TV's, engines, or Simrads there is no such thing as obnoxiously large! Ha!

When it comes to TV's, engines, or Simrads there is no such thing as obnoxiously large! Ha!
100% with Daril on this one. Go big or go home.

In all seriousness, whatever is on that screen is going to be easier to see on a larger screen, with more flexibility with viewing options. I’d really get the largest you can.

Mine came with the simrad 5. It would have been fine for Ted Williams, (or most fighter pilots) but not much good for me.
My wife surprised me with a simrad 9go for Christmas and the improvement is great and now I actually see important details of what’s on the screen.
We do mostly inter-coastal and gulf coastal boating and love using the navigation features and screen details.
Simrad has plenty of split screen functions, and the simrad 12 option would be great for that. Also, consider what type of boating you may be doing .

View attachment 30103
Click on the pic to enlarge
The 9 is a nice size! Mine came with a 5. I don't use the map features, sonar, or chart a trip. As long mine displays the depth, water temp, trim, fuel, speed, and engine hours that I can quickly view I am satisfied.......

The 9 is a nice size! Mine came with a 5. I don't use the map features, sonar, or chart a trip. As long mine displays the depth, water temp, trim, fuel, speed, and engine hours that I can quickly view I am satisfied.......
Being that the script on my eyewear keeps changing ,I figured the bigger the better .:cool:

Back