Adding 2nd Sony remote

mtudb24

Reaction score
Can I add a 2nd stony remote control to the rear lounger like the new boats have? I have a 2011 rcw with Sony M6 radio and kicker speaker upgrade. I have the remote pad on the helm and in was wondering if I can add a 2nd Sony RM X60M remote at one of the rear loungers. They come with 18 feet of cord. I assume if I add the rear, I would loose the helm mounted one. I could switch back and forth depending if I'm on the move vs being at a sandbar.

Thanks

Todd

Could you add a splitter? Do they make one?

edit: I could find no info on a splitter, or dual use. Maybe TB can chime in on this one ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why you couldn't have both, that's what ours has, same stereo. Everyone is sleeping here still, but I will try to remember to dig out the instructions for the head unit and remote pod later on, maybe it tells you in there. Boats 1.5 hours away so can't just go look, but I know I still have the books.

Thanks guys for the help!

Todd

Here is the install instructions from the deck, you'll notice the one remote pod doesn't even show the changer control cord being hooked up. Could be a typo, but it's easy enough to just try.

Back