Adding front Bimini

Pbakk

Reaction score
Needing a new cover for my 2019 GSR and thought I would add a front Bimini given that the cover will be custom made. I recognized that it would not be cheap, but surprised that the cost to add the double bimini (includes the new canvas for the rear frame) was $5250.00. This excludes the cost of the playpen cover. The dealer has been great, but yikes. Is this typical. My wife vetoed it and said we will just use more sunscreen.

This includes parts, labor, freight and tax.

That is cheaper than I paid for ours on our old 2015 25 Q. I went with OEM from Bennington and included the sock that went around it. It lasted one trip and that trip was to the dealer for something else. No one warned us about having to secure the sock also so we started using bungees to secure it while traveling. Good thing the dealer was able to get it replaced under warranty.

For some reason, the original owner when they traded the boat in they didn't include the front bimini, hardware was already there. While it wasn't cheap we were glad we got it. The sun here in TX is brutal with our without wind during the summer.

Pricey! Being in Michigan, we are able to get by with the normal rear bimini. But for those of you down south, I can see needing it. Even up here it can get too hot (by our standards) in the summer…but manageable.

Down there, well, I don’t even vacation in the south anymore due to southern heat these days. Nope…too much. I stay clear of it.

Our current boat only had the standard bimini. But we told them we wanted to add the front bimini. The factory sent the bimini frame hardware and the matching material. The dealer sent our boat to a local canvas shop and they had to add a zipper to the rear bimini to fit the front bimini. It was process but it was well worth it!!! $1450 total.

Our current boat only had the standard bimini. But we told them we wanted to add the front bimini. The factory sent the bimini frame hardware and the matching material. The dealer sent our boat to a local canvas shop and they had to add a zipper to the rear bimini to fit the front bimini. It was process but it was well worth it!!! $1450 total.
Wow - that is cheap compared to my quote. It is essentially the same steps my dealer is doing. Maybe I need to ask a different dealer for a price.

Wow - that is cheap compared to my quote. It is essentially the same steps my dealer is doing. Maybe I need to ask a different dealer for a price.
This was in December of 2019. So about 4 1/2 yrs ago.....

Pricey! Being in Michigan, we are able to get by with the normal rear bimini. But for those of you down south, I can see needing it. Even up here it can get too hot (by our standards) in the summer…but manageable.

Down there, well, I don’t even vacation in the south anymore due to southern heat these days. Nope…too much. I stay clear of it.
We are polar opposites, I can't handle the cold well at all anymore. Without the sun out fully and the temps in the 60's I'm looking for my coat. All my northern blood has switched, and it did it quick. LOL

Back