Adding LED Lighting to Seats

drose01

Reaction score
Hope someone can assist with information.   I want to add some Blue LED lighting under the seats to my 2016 2575QSB which I have found some strips for.   However, unsure how I should wire those up.  It would be very difficult to run wiring back to the helm as I see no open path for getting the wires back.    What I'm curious to know is if can I tap that wiring into the wiring from the LED speakers so that it would go on with that switch, and if I can and do that, will that allow the dimming of those lights when I dim the speakers as well?  Has anyone tried or done what I would like to do.

Also I noticed that under all the seats they are lined in the front (which looks like it has to be removed to get access to the speakers, is that difficult to remove and put back?

Thanks for anyone and all feedback.

I can't help with whether you can run it off of the speakers. I ran new wiring to each of my seats to do the same thing and it wasn't that bad. I started at the helm and dropped it down through an existing hole to get out to space between the toon and the deck. I then fished it up and into the front starboard seat, then back through to the front, across to the front port seat, and then back to the seat across from the captain's chair. I only had to drill one hole for that last seat since it had no wires already going to it. I didn't run any to my loungers.

If you end up running wire, I'd recommend pulling the kind that can support multiple colors. Those blue LEDs are blinding at night. Red is so much nicer on the eyes and you keep your night vision for star gazing and seeing what's out on the water. I used the TaoTronics ones with the remote for changing colors and I've been very happy with them. I have a thread on here somewhere with pics of my install. Link: http://amzn.to/29CTDNM

drose01, Hi. I'm planning on doing the same thing. I have the 2575RSB and I'd like a little more lighting in the bow section of the toon. Did you get this project finished ? If yes, how'd you do it ? If not, I'll let you know what I found out when I tackle the project in the next couple of weeks. Talk soon.

Ruff

Back