Aftermarket Aft Railings

Melly

Reaction score
Just bought our second Bennington, an L bowrider. Love it! Opted for no aft safety rail because the one installed at the factory is actually on/around the swingback and really just defeats the purpose. Looking at aft safety guards on other brands I see they have posts with chains connecting them on the outer perimeters of the aft section. Does anyone know where I might find a kit/diy for one of these pole/chain sets, or at least the actual search names for these? Having trouble getting results from “aft safety chains” search. TIA!

Stainless Aft Rail for Swingback - Where can I get one of these rails?​

This post on this forum says that you have to go through your dealer unless you know how to weld. (you don’t want me to weld anything). I think I will keep mine open until I see otherwise. Good luck! I’m sUte the gents will chime in shortly

Stainless Aft Rail for Swingback - Where can I get one of these rails?​

This post on this forum says that you have to go through your dealer unless you know how to weld. (you don’t want me to weld anything). I think I will keep mine open until I see otherwise. Good luck! I’m sUte the gents will chime in shortly
Thanks so much for your reply! Hubby knows how to weld and he’s already installed a removable ladder on the back. Good advice, though, to check with our dealer. May have to check with other dealers, as I don’t know if Bennington even carries that type of aft guard. :)

You could start here and build a system using parts. Bear in mind you may void any warranty if a failure occurs to a component due to the installation of a system like this.

I think the Barletta has one of the best rear gate systems and appears it would be a rather easy modification...Bartlette Rear Keeper Rail.JPG

Great idea! I will definitely check that one out! Thanks so much!

Back