Aluminum Paint Code/Name?

GregfromGA

Reaction score
Hi all - new owner new pontoon here. Love it so far.

Question - it appears the front and rear aluminum trim caps (real part name?) are painted aluminum (and the sides are raw aluminum). Does anyone know what the actual paint is? See pic. I want to use it for current and future touch ups.

Attachments

• IMG_5722.JPG
    IMG_5722.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 35
Welcome, Greg! Although both are slightly different colors, I think they're both anodized. As such, I'm not thinking that they can be painted. But then again, I've been wrong as rain before...

They are anodized.

IMG_4570.JPG IMG_5872.JPG IMG_8734.JPG Dealer was nice enough to let me borrow this touch up can they had to see if I thought it was a good match - it was! See pics of can - says Aluminum and Bennington Marine so I had hopes. I taped of the area and feathered it in to where it passes the 10 foot test for my amateur car detailing eyes. Good enough for me... I'll be returning the can today and asking to get one for myself for future love marks.

View attachment 22897 View attachment 22898 View attachment 22899 Dealer was nice enough to let me borrow this touch up can they had to see if I thought it was a good match - it was! See pics of can - says Aluminum and Bennington Marine so I had hopes. I taped of the area and feathered it in to where it passes the 10 foot test for my amateur car detailing eyes. Good enough for me... I'll be returning the can today and asking to get one for myself for future love marks.
I happily stand corrected! Thanks for sharing and I guess I'll need to get a can or two of that, myself.

Back