Awesome all round ski/tube performance

LT1GMC

Reaction score
This is the first week of vacation and has allowed us to really use the 2574GLi ESP we bought late last summer for watersports. I went with the bigger engine as I wanted to be sure I could ski slalom.(234lb guy) Power to spare, also pulled 2 big skiers at once, tubing is awesome with the quick turning ESP package. I added a ski mirror listed in some other topics here and it finishes off a great package. I just want to say thanks to Bennington for bringing the sport to pontooning. So much easier and more useful than a boat in many ways. For hardcore slalom guys it might not be the perfect choice, but for the average sport skier its fine.

PS: If you want to flatten out the wake a bit, put a couple of people up front, makes a big difference.

I agree with your comments. When we got to the point we could get a boat for waterskiing and water sports for the grandkids to come, I never looked at anything but a high performance pontoon from the top 2 manufactures. You can put 10 people in a wakeboard boat but not in the comfort we have. I can take my parents on the toon and they can get on and off safely. The only thing I can not do "yet" is make a 3 ft wake for jumping. If the need arises, i have a idea.

I agree with your comments. When we got to the point we could get a boat for waterskiing and water sports for the grandkids to come, I never looked at anything but a high performance pontoon from the top 2 manufactures. You can put 10 people in a wakeboard boat but not in the comfort we have. I can take my parents on the toon and they can get on and off safely. The only thing I can not do "yet" is make a 3 ft wake for jumping. If the need arises, i have a idea.
Sit everyone at the stern.

When we decided to get a pontoon boat...........our only prerequisite was that it had to have enough power to be able to ski/slalom behind it. We were resigned to the fact that we were going get our 1st outboard but we came across this I/O. It's the same, but upgraded, I/O engine that we had in our previous bowrider so we jumped on it.............

Hows the fuel consumption with that I/O?

Hows the fuel consumption with that I/O?
Actually not bad. We don't go scooting around the lake at WOT all the time. As a matter of fact I rarely go WOT. The power is there when we ski/wakeboard or when we need it.......

Back