Beaching question...

White Lake?

Yes sir. That is our main lake we go to.  We live a block or so of the lake with lake view,  but launch at the ramp on Montague side.  Familiar with the area? 

Yes sir. That is our main lake we go to.  We live a block or so of the lake with lake view,  but launch at the ramp on Montague side.  Familiar with the area? 

I've been on it only a couple times. A boating friend from back in my Donzi days kept (keeps?) his cruiser on the east end of the lake at the marina there.

I remember it being a very tannin-heavy lake. Does that impact your tubes any?

I've been on it only a couple times. A boating friend from back in my Donzi days kept (keeps?) his cruiser on the east end of the lake at the marina there.

I remember it being a very tannin-heavy lake. Does that impact your tubes any?

Tannin-heavy?  Like the tannery that was on the lake side? If that is what you mean,  haven't noticed anything.  We had our tubes acid washed and Sharkhide applied this year,  so we will see.

The tannery was closed and torn down years ago.  They are building condos there now.  The lake itself has been under treatment and cleanup since then. If I remember correctly,  White Lake is the first lake to be put on a watch list (or endangered,  whatever they call it) for contamination and be removed after successful corrections, teatments, and cleanup. 

Tannin-heavy?  Like the tannery that was on the lake side? If that is what you mean,  haven't noticed anything.  We had our tubes acid washed and Sharkhide applied this year,  so we will see.

The tannery was closed and torn down years ago.  They are building condos there now.  The lake itself has been under treatment and cleanup since then. If I remember correctly,  White Lake is the first lake to be put on a watch list (or endangered,  whatever they call it) for contamination and be removed after successful corrections, teatments, and cleanup. 

I just remember it as looking like weak tea. Not necessarily due to the tannery, which I understand has been largely remediated. Maybe just my imagination (or a different lake).

I just remember it as looking like weak tea. Not necessarily due to the tannery, which I understand has been largely remediated. Maybe just my imagination (or a different lake).

It is a little darker.  Maybe greenish,  lol.  Weedy lake with only a few good sandy spots which is why I like going out to Michigan.

We also have A LOT of ducks,  geese, and swans.  Maybe they are turning the lake into poo-brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
On 2/28/2014 at 1:22 PM, bcpnick said:

Inspiration for beaching a boat...

Probably stole it and are planning on parting it out. :D

Just a quick reminder that you have the Depth Finder Transducer located at the rear of one of the toons. This hangs down 4-5 inches. So be careful if beaching with the transducer side on the beach. This can happen if the toon has worked free and wave action caused the toon to beach sideways.

This is why you tie it off from the aft cleats at a 45ish degree angle to a tree or something. 

Chris

Sold my bennie for what i paid for it.

Back