Beaver Damage

lakebum

Reaction score
Spent the last three 75 degree days repairing my plastic float lift and washing the dirt off my boat after it sank down in the water and got filthy over the winter. Beavers built under my boat and on top of my lift. There are three molded vee's in the top of the tank and the chewed up the edge of the vee. Only made one hole all the way through, big enough for four fingers. Had to have some 45 degree 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 stainless bent to bridge the damaged part with a thick layer of under-water rated adhesive. Hope it holds but will probably have to buy a new tank. They had also been inside the tanks because when I lowered the back one it smelled VERY bad. Beaver Hunter now but not like the old days! Steve

Wow, that bites. Did you run it by your ins co? We had a muskrat problem and our ins co paid the $2500.00 bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you allowed to trap them? And I agree with Carl, check out your insurance company. And get some pics!

Fear the beaver ........ sorry, could not resist .......

fearthe-beaver1.png

Hahaha, love that honey badger video!!! Everyone should read watch the SNL skit on you tube for cork soakers, haha I laugh everytime!!

honey_badger_dont_care-5965.jpg

Back