Bennington with a Wakeboard Tower

utah_utrup

Reaction score
Ok, Bennington you have my attention with the concept of "Bennington Shatters" and I was excited to hear that you are building a pontoon with a wakeboard tower starting in December. I guess my question is can the tower be retrofitted on a 2011 2250 RCW? I will have my dealer run the numbers for me regarding a new one with the wakeboard, However I wanted to see if I had any other options. Buying a new Bennington every year could get a little expensive.

Again, awesome job on the concept. I love everything about it except the painted motor.

That might be somthing TB might want to take note of. Your the first person I have seen HERE that has asked about a tower to Retro Fit" to a existing Bennington. Maybe a Retro Fit tower for RCW's would be a good product for bennington to offer its customers.

Out here in California their are a few tower companys that could make you a tower for your boat but I understand it would be cool to have a factory bolt on tower from Bennington. Maybe this would be a good topic for a Poll?

It would be interesting to see how many people would be intrested in a tower!

Last edited:
Keep in mind most good wakeboard boat towers are around 4 to 5 grand

If you buy the tower as a complete assembly, assuming they'll sell it to you, I can tell you without a single doubt that you can find a fabrication shop to mount it up for you.

The real question is; would it be a cost effective project? As opposed to trading up I mean.

I had a Baja that i added a aftermarket wakeboard tower before I entered the world of performance toons so I understand the cost associated with it and I am confident I could do the work myself. I also wondered if it would be more cost effective just to upgrade to the Q with the tower. My Dealer, Spend-a-day Marina, already knows my interest and as soon as prices are available for the production Q with a wakeboard tower they are going to run the numbers for me.

Again, I just love the look the wakeboard tower gives to the Bennington.

I sure wish Bennington would have offered a tower when I purchased my boat. I looked at several other makes that offered towers but decided on the Bennington for all the reasons us owners know. I am planning on adding a tower in the future that will allow me to utilize the bimini top and will fold for storage.

I sure wish Bennington would have offered a tower when I purchased my boat. I looked at several other makes that offered towers but decided on the Bennington for all the reasons us owners know. I am planning on adding a tower in the future that will allow me to utilize the bimini top and will fold for storage.
Man, we sure have high quality problems around here. ;)

I did notice that on the shatter concept boat that it looks like (I can't see it) no pull point? The tower is a cool option IF it's used for more than just hanging speakers and lights.

Example; you can use the tower as a Bimini frame. Pull point, ski and wakeboard storage, I was waiting to see how the shatter tower worked with the Bennington. The photos that showed up in the 2012 catalogue show the shatter with no Bimini ,so it begs the question. Can you run a Bimini with the shatter? It shows no pull point so it begs the question Can you pull from it?

I like the looks and the Idea of the shatterI just wish their was more information out on it.

I did notice that on the shatter concept boat that it looks like (I can't see it) no pull point? The tower is a cool option IF it's used for more than just hanging speakers and lights.

Example; you can use the tower as a Bimini frame. Pull point, ski and wakeboard storage, I was waiting to see how the shatter tower worked with the Bennington. The photos that showed up in the 2012 catalogue show the shatter with no Bimini ,so it begs the question. Can you run a Bimini with the shatter? It shows no pull point so it begs the question Can you pull from it?

I like the looks and the Idea of the shatterI just wish their was more information out on it.

I can't speak for anyone but I assume being that the Shatter is a concept that they didn't ad a pull point. I agree if the actual production version does not have a pull point its pretty much a waste. As for a Bimini top I wouldn't think it would be difficult to add considering the major of wake board boats come with one mounted to the tower. I'm pretty confident that it won't offer the shade the standard Bimini does.

Sorry for the double post. But Utah I agree I didn't know how familiar people were with wake board boats here but you are correct most wake boat towers connect off the tower to form some sort of Bimini. Most of the master craft towers use the tower as a Bimini attach point pretty common and I'm sure Bennington could fab Somthing up pretty easy.

Like I said I like the idea of the tower just would like to see a finished product and how it all comes together.

That being said I have a wakeboard boat. I can see Bennington crossing over and offering some of the cool things that make wakeboats cool like a tower with speakers and lights ect.

But the things that attract me to the Bennington are some what un wake boat related I'll explaine. My wake boat has white interior. It looks cool. Its alot of work to keep it nice and white.I see that Bennington is offering ivory or ( white as one of it's new colors). I love the way it looks but would no way wanna have to maintain 2 white boat interiors. The tan colors that our current bennington has work great at blending in with the dirt. That's not saying I keep our boats interior dirty its quite the opposite, but when the benningtons tan gets dirty you have to look for it. The white interior on my nautique is pretty small and keeping it white is almost a full time job can't imagine having the interior of a 25 foot boat with white! It will keep ya busy

Last edited:
There was a post somewhere concerning retrofits. Bennington at this time said its not offered due to the structural design to attach the tower. There may be fitment issues with the seating design also, don't remember. As for aftermarket, I'm sure you could do it. but I'd wait till your warranty expires, cause I'm sure if you have any issues with your deck or frame after installing something like that, you will have voided your warranty.

Found it here, 3rd post down on page.

Smitty

Back