Benny storage & dimension diagram 25Rx and 25L SB models - FYI

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
Figure as I dream about my Benny arriving next month (plus delays), might as well start planning where to put all the crap we bring (we trailer & travel 5 hours to get to the lake, store boat near lake, much easier to keep the boat loaded). So, I spent my birthday at the dealing measuring the two boats they had - family thought I was crazy (probably am).

Interesting notes:
  1. The privacy curtain takes up a HUGE amount of the storage area under the SB - going to be looking to modify the L bracket that takes up so much space
  2. The forward section of the SB storage is slightly difficult to get into, no hinge / move entire cushion to access area.
  3. The floor storage access panel is in different locations between models so the storage space in the front/rear of the panel changes (overall size of storage is same)
  4. The floor storage access panel is only 12 2/4" wide and under seat storage is 11" high at most, 12" under the SB - not enough room to store a folded / rolled tow tube or ISup (larger like the Big Mable - which is about 18" wide folded and rolled), might have to roll without folding (now size of an easy up) or just fold and put under a seat (Benny needs a slightly wider access panel IMO).
  5. Under seat storage has much smaller access area than seat size plus support posts / modular walls between seats and toe kicks greatly reducing the area and limiting the ability to use storage totes
  6. The Helm storage will fit a 28qt Coleman Extreme (my favorite easy to carry cooler - can lift on and off boat when wheeled coolers not an option) IF there is no subwoofer (much of the space is taken up with power steering, wires, limited sized access panel - the subwoofer really eats up space). The RX has NO Helm Storage (access is through seat back).
  7. Overall width is 103". Did not get the overall length measured (assume the LOA on the Bennington site does NOT include the motor).
  8. Finding this was helpful to understand the storage limitations (family of 6 = 3 wakeboards, an easy up, chairs for beach, an ISup, 2 coolers, the dogs, towels, lifejackets, plus the regular equipment like fenders and anchors and rope = a tight fit).
Can't wait to put together this puzzle! LOL. Any other loaded up Benny Storage Tricks - open to insight!

Attachments

• Measure Benny Diagram.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • Measure Benny Diagram.jpg
    Measure Benny Diagram.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 29
Your dealer should be able to get you 2d drawing of your exact model. I asked for one that shows seating dimensions and they got me this one attached last Fall. I actually asked for the CAD file as I do a lot of design drawings but all I got was a PDF. It took them a while (or maybe it took a while for them to ask for it). I didnt end up buying a boat from them though. Unfortunately I'm a little reluctant to ask for a 2021 drawing of my existing boat bc I've been asking a lot of questions and I dont to get on the pester list!

Attachments

• 20SLLXP 2D Drawing-2.pdf
    929.3 KB · Views: 25
Back