Best pontoon fender ever!!

Oregonizm

Reaction score
I just bought these Dockmate fenders from Overton's and they work really well when you raft up with other boats out on the lake. They come in three sizes and I got the largest one, it's about 8' long and 2' high. It comes with grommets so you can hang it with straps from your fence but I installed snaps on the vinyl fabric and the rub rail of my boat to make it even easier to attach and remove. The beauty of it is that it doesn't matter what type of boat or jet ski you are rafting up with because it covers both the rub rail and the logs of my boat. It worked really well in a slip too. There's a few more pics of it in my gallery.

Super protection! Do you have them on the paddleboard side also????????

We got 2 of those in blue last year at a yardsale for $20. They didn't have a mark on them and looked brand new. I bought clips that go over the railing so they hang over the side.

We find a lot of boating stuff at yard sales. B)

Oregonizm, nice, look like they roll or fold fairly compact for storage too. Have you had them out yet? I am wondering about how low your snaps are - with the standard fenders I have it seems the sweet spot is having the middle of the hanging fender right over the pontoon's fender rail. I expected positioning to be similar with that type of fender too.

I used them at Shasta Lake over Memorial Day and it worked great with the boat we were rafted up with as well as the slip we moored in. I know what you mean about a sweet spot and it seems to move around depending upon what conditions you encounter so I'm not throwing away the straps to hang them on my fence with.

Big Kahuna .... I don't have one on the paddleboard side but that's a great idea if it will work with the rack I had made .... gonna have to look into that.

Cwag911 .... great buy, I paid around $80 for just one

i have bought many off of ebay. Best price i can find on there. Just ordered a case of 4 23x6.5 for about $50 + free shipping. These are about $20+ each at stores.

So far i havent had any issues with these, time will tell though. They seem to be good quality.

Alex...

Alex, who's the seller on Ebay?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Guys, don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but those things look like - - - - on a white stallion! I think I would just anchor away from everyone. Steve

Sorry Guys, don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but those things look like - - - - on a white stallion! I think I would just anchor away from everyone. Steve
Lol, true not the best looking. I plan on using those to mount on my dock so I don't have to constantly remember to put the ones on the boat out over the rail.

Thanks,

Alex...

tecthis .... see the pictures in my gallery. The fenders you sent the link to are just ordinary pain-in-the-ass-cause-they-never-stay-where-put-em fenders. The beauty of the "Best pontoon fender ever" is that they don't ride up or move around, they just sit there and protect your toons, rub rail and fence.

An got it, didn't see pictures in the thread so assumed regular ones.

Those you have are really nice!

Thanks,

Alex...

Back