Best Pontoon Trailer for ESP?

bankerii

Reaction score
Greetings all. I purchased my 2012 2275 RCW without a trailer. Who makes the best pontoon trailer and what works the best with ESP tubes?

How much capaciity do I need for this boat 2800lb dry weight + 700lb motor + 400lb fuel + 200lb batteries + 300lb gear is pushing the max on a 4,500lb trailer. I am planning to tow long distances and looking for recomendations.

After researching this forum, I am also concerned with the setback on the center tube and whether or not it needs to be supported with and extended center bunk.

Please educate me.

Regards,

I love my EZ Loader Custom Executive series trailer. They have made the rear extension standard on ESP boats. They tow great, I really like my ladder system. And if you tell them what color your boat is, they will paint to match. I have pictures in my gallery of my new one when it just got dropped off. They also have an EZ slide material instead of carpet on the bunks. I haven't seen it used it yet, but the report says it's good. I had issues with my first trailer, I felt that it should have a center tube support automatically, but it didn't. They have since changed that, I would still request it anyway, but was told by EZ Loader that it was standard now. It uses a 5 pin harness for the brake lock-out while in reverse (works great for backing up an incline!!) so yes, I recommend it. Oh and when I had my little discrepancies about the center extension, they sent out some brackets and boards so that I could have support, no cost. I like companies that do what they can to make the customer happy. It's why I bought another one for my new boat.

Thanks, your trailer looks great. My only concern is saltwater. I live in FL and trailer will see saltwater from time to time. I need galvanized or aluminum. Painted trailers don't do well down here. Do they make the executive series in Aluminum or galvanized?

I need to find a good dealer. Seems like the boat dealers know very little about the trailers, which I guess stands to reason; but I don't want to make a bad purchase.

There are some incredible boat trailer dealerships in South Florida, and they have trailers to fit your needs perfectly. Galvanized or Aluminum, it's just up to your pocketbook. Salt water just reaffirms the need for a better trailer than boats used only in fresh water.

You can find them on Google or in Boattrader.com. Bookstores have many boat magazines that have their advertisements, too.

Almost positive it was 5500lbs

The Mid-America trailer for my 2275 is also 5500 lbs, mostly due to an increased tire load rating from the base trailer.

Back