Bimini destruction!

RealtorAndy

Reaction score
I've been lurking a bit before I joined. Yesterday we were returning home from the beach at Ft. McRee Florida and a storm was brewing over our neighborhood. I decided to race it and put the hammer down. As I turned into our basin I went into a really nasty headwind and the forward bow of the bimini gave up. I assume these are proprietary parts but are they super expensive to replace? If it's too much I figure I would just go to a custom bimini.

Power bimini or manual?
Some people with manual biiminis have been removing them to install power biminis, so used ones are around to be had. Check the dealers around there.

If you use Ebay ,check them as well .

Add Cable Stays, they really lock the Bimini down in WOT and Wind.

I lost my manual stern Bimini and was quoted a price of $2600 from my dealer. #ridiculous
The canvas alone was $900 from Tumacs when I bought a new one last year. I can't imagine paying $1700 for the frame and wiring. That is crazy.

I bought a bimini kit online for around $600 after my original "exploded" when a microburst storm hit me head on. It shredded the canvas and bent all the aluminum. Dealer quoted $2500 for a replacement.

I am very pleased with the "off brand" bimini. Square tubing like the original. Only slight modifications on the railing for installation. Had it for 2 years now.

Back