BIMINI FRAME LIGHTING

Reaction score
Hello all -

Greetings from beautiful Lake Havasu City, Az. We have a brand new 23RX we bought 8 months ago and just noticed (we don't open it much) that there are bimini light above the drivers seat and parallel seat. We have been unable to activate them, despite turning on all switches including anchor light. How do we turn them on? Thank you in advance

Hello all -

Greetings from beautiful Lake Havasu City, Az. We have a brand new 23RX we bought 8 months ago and just noticed (we don't open it much) that there are bimini light above the drivers seat and parallel seat. We have been unable to activate them, despite turning on all switches including anchor light. How do we turn them on? Thank you in advance
Welcome Fellow Havasu-onian!!! I do not know if the Bimini Lights are on a separate switch, I would hope so but (I don't have them)? 1st: you need to push the RGB knob to turn on the LED's, after the dash board light button is on. If the other interior lights are working, then it might be the connection that is next to the helm that runs up the Bimini Frame - I have seen a few users comment on this. The dash rockers all have circuit breakers, the small black buttons above each rocker, that don't seem to do anything - could be that - though I have yet to have one actually trip. Ideally you get some direct feedback from those that have the Bimini Lights. I have found the Benny dealer there in Havasu is very helpful - did you buy from them? Also - the light on the helm - in addition to the Rocker needing to be on, the light itself is also the switch, push the light to turn on/off.

Navigation lights on. There is a switch on the front leg of the starboard Bimini frame right above where it connects to the top of the side panel.

Welcome Fellow Havasu-onian!!! I do not know if the Bimini Lights are on a separate switch, I would hope so but (I don't have them)? 1st: you need to push the RGB knob to turn on the LED's, after the dash board light button is on. If the other interior lights are working, then it might be the connection that is next to the helm that runs up the Bimini Frame - I have seen a few users comment on this. The dash rockers all have circuit breakers, the small black buttons above each rocker, that don't seem to do anything - could be that - though I have yet to have one actually trip. Ideally you get some direct feedback from those that have the Bimini Lights. I have found the Benny dealer there in Havasu is very helpful - did you buy from them? Also - the light on the helm - in addition to the Rocker needing to be on, the light itself is also the switch, push the light to turn on/off.
Called the Havasu shop where we purchased the boat, no return call yet. Will try your recommendation

Sound like you have this same option. Will try your recommendation when I get back on the boat. Thank you
Found this pic online. you can see the switch on the side of the front frame leg
1695512948816.png

Thank you for the photo. I thought that was for the mast light during nighttime hours. And no matter how many times I used that switch on or off, mast light stays on solid. When we discovered the Bimini frame lights last weekend, I definitely tried that same switch again with no success. If I am to understand correctly, it should be turned on with one of the helm switches

You may have to have your courtesy / interior light switch on too. I just don't remember off the top of my head since I think I have used them less then 5 times in 12 years.

Their power comes from the Anchor lamp circuit. Anchor lamp must be on and then your bimini lights are powered by the push button switch shown above in mtudb24's post.

If it still is not working, verify the polarity of anchor lamp wires. It's possible to plug them in incorrectly, and if anchor lamp is incandescent it will still work, but LED lighting requires correct polarity. Try swapping the two wires where the bimini connects to the boat.

We have that option on our power curved bimini. As others said, we have to have our ancho light turned on (located on the helm), and then push the round “light” butoon on our bimini frame for them to work. We used them twice the first year we owned our 2017, and not once since then. That said, that’s how they work. If yours do not work when doing those two things, could be what Bill N is saying above. Dealer should be able to assist, or fix, as needed.

That said, congratulations on the new boat. Exciting!!!

Back