Bimini Lights

BAK

Reaction score
I have a new to me 2011 2275 RCW, I put the bimini up for the first time and the lights are not working.  I traced with a 12v test light and there is power at the bulb at both the first light and the last light.  I can't believe that all 6 are burnt out but the way they are wired it appears thats what has happened.  Possibly they have been on since new when the bimini was not in use?  It appears that the bimini top is like new. My question is do you know where I can buy 6 of these bulbs? Also the bimini top has snaps on it but there is nothing to snap it too, do all of these snap to the frame.  Thank You in advance for your help.

Take the 2 wires that are plugged in by the railing and switch them. Light Emitting Diodes (leds) are polarity specific. The bimini snaps on the straps should have snaps (male) on the sides of the frame.

The warranty should have been transferred to you in which case it would be covered by going to a dealer.

Thank you for your help…….it was exactly like cwag said, reverse polarity on the bimini lights.  A fellow Bennington owner sent me pics of his bimini top so I should be good.  Thanks for all of your help. Brian

Can the plug on these lights be inserted either way?
The wires that are by the rail for the bimini lights and anchor light Can be inserted either way. They are not marked.

The wires that are by the rail for the bimini lights and anchor light Can be inserted either way. They are not marked.
That's good to know thanks.  I would think that with the use of LED's the plug/receptacle combination would be polarity sensitive and only allow insertion one way.

It's 4 separate wires where the bimini meets the railing.

What switch is everyone's Bimini lights wired to? Dealer just installed me new Bimini frame with the lights. It was delivered with the wrong frame.

They wired the lights to the nav switch so they will be on all the time me nav lights are on.

There should be a switch on the bimini frame where the wires connect to the frame by the railing,

Mine has a button part way up the support arm.

Yes, there is a button half way up the frame.  Also, the Nav button for power can rock both ways.  If you only want the blue lights on, you can do that as well if I remember correctly.  You just need to make sure the button on the frame is on as well, but the nav lights would stay off in that situation.

I'll have to triple check this on my boat next time, but I think it works that way.

You need the anchor light on.

Yup, mine only work with the nav/anchor light in one position or the other. Theory is, if it's that dark to use them, you MUST have lights on anyhow.

Ok, that makes sense that the anchor light would be on and the Nav could be off....

Ok, that makes sense that the anchor light would be on and the Nav could be off....
That's correct, according to the electrical schematic in the ANCHOR position the anchor, Bimini and interior light with built in switch would be energized.  In the NAV position those three lights plus the NAV lights would be energized.

Back