Boat Lift Cables off Center

gyxffyg

Reaction score
Hi All......I recently bought my first Bennington. A 2011 22SLI and have a question about the existing boat lift I will be using. It is currently a strap type and I will be buying a cradle to replace the straps. My question is....Since the cables are not directly across from each other when they come off the center pipe (a standard pipe configuration), when they connect to the lift cross member I-beams, does this uneven situation cause the bunks to sit unevenly in the boat house?IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1573.JPG

I don't know what kind of boat was on that lift before, but I surely wouldn't trust it with cable clamps supporting the boat. That's just me though.

Yeah, it's hard to tell from that photo but I'm not sure how a 2x10 with a strap and a couple lag bolts will hold the boat. What is that style lift rated for?

Not sure what it is rated for. I will check. Here are a couple more pics to show how the cable is attached. Not lag bolts.

IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1575.JPG

Yeah, it's hard to tell from that photo but I'm not sure how a 2x10 with a strap and a couple lag bolts will hold the boat. What is that style lift rated for?

And right at a lateral face knot ...... I sure as hell wouldn’t hang my boat off that !!! :confused:

That is a jerry rig set up if I ever saw one. All those pulleys do is double the “lifting power” and split the speed, just like a winch pulley for a Jeep.

Back