Boat Painted

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Hi Guys ! Has anyone ever removed decals and had their boat painted? Just wondering on cost to have done professionally?

There's a body shop here that also works on boats/jet skis. They did a fantastic job when they fixed one of our old jet skis years ago. I asked them for a ballpark figure by just showing them a pic of our pontoon boat. They quoted anywhere from $800 to &1200. That included removal of the decals, removal of some of the panels and of course taping of the panels/areas of the boat that couldn't be removed...........It's time consuming and NOT an easy job.

You might also consider getting a wrap. It's common place now and could be less than painting.

I have considered the wrap too. Haven't been able to get a solid price yet on one. The companies around here do not do very many boats. They concentrate more on fleet vehicles like Geico or local service companies.............

Never thought about a wrap. That's a good idea. Don't imagine it would be cheap, working with the rails and all.

I gotta say, I don't know if the paint is that much cheaper in the states, or the labor, but there is NO WAY anyone around here would only charge $1200 to remove, paint, replace. Not even close.

I gotta say, I don't know if the paint is that much cheaper in the states, or the labor, but there is NO WAY anyone around here would only charge $1200 to remove, paint, replace. Not even close.
This is the best ESTIMATE I got sight unseen from a body shop closer to my house. I will probably take it to them after I winterize it this fall if we decide to actually paint it. Our marina at the lake also does bodywork/painting. But they specialize in fiberglass repair and gelcoat. They've repaired pontoon boat panels but have never painted the whole boat...........They quoted closer to $2000............

I actually ended up going to a vinyl graphics shop and ended up removing the original decals and replacing them with a new set and a new design to cover up some flaws I had in the paint. Turned out real nice looking. I do thank you all for your input.

Where's the pics?

Yes, need pics or it didn't happen!

Jack

Curious to see the new design. Don't leave us hanging here waiting for pics!

I will work on those pics. Boat is in Wisconsin and already in storage. Turned out nice though. Alot cheaper than trying to repaint or wrap the boat.

Back