Changing my center tube

I still haven't heard back from the dealer. Basically I want to replace my existing center tube with the 32" elliptical one which now comes standard on all I/O models (ESP) like mine. I'll post more if/when I ever hear back from them.

Well this sucks.  Mandy at Bennington said this is NOT possible to have done on an I/O.  It would have had to be done at the factory when built...which of course they didn't even have them (elliptical tubes) back then.  Major bummer.

There is only one way to remedy that .

Yeah I know...buy a new one.  :)    Not happening.  Just cannot afford a new one (well....not what I would want to get anyway).  I bought my boat used 3 years ago from a Bennington dealer....paid $26K for it.  As there have been no surpises I'd say I got a hell of a deal for as much boat as I got.

Yeah I know...buy a new one.  :)    Not happening.  Just cannot afford a new one (well....not what I would want to get anyway).  I bought my boat used 3 years ago from a Bennington dealer....paid $26K for it.  As there have been no surpises I'd say I got a hell of a deal for as much boat as I got.
Yes you did get a deal .

Its too bad it wont work out switching the center tube .

Yeah thanks...me too.  I'm always in awe when I see guys steep turns while going fast.  There's a reason why my boat is named "Full Throttle."  Having a huge pontoon boat that goes 40mph is pretty sweet but I'd always love to go faster.  lol  

Oh wow good stuff....I just finished reading that....thanks!  Yeah I'd have to say that top end and overall fuel economy is more important to me than being able to bank steep in turns so I guess I'll just live with it.  I do have those strakes on all of my pontoons though.

I was thinking about removing the outer strakes, I just don't know what it would look like after being cut off. I'd also have to deal with my wife.    :angry:

Like Carl's boat I have strakes all around on all 3...........The only time we do any real hard turning is when we have somebody on Big Mable or our skier just fell and we have to whip it around to go and pick them up. Sure it turns flat but I'm used to it...........this will be our 7th season with our Benny. Think about it............how much will it actually bank w/out that 32" Elliptical center tube...........

Well maybe there's still a chance of replacing my tube.....

The dealer near me (Wilson Marine...HUGE service center...biggest in the state of Michigan) seems to think it IS possible even though I told them I had emailed Bennington (Mandy) who said no.  They are going to contact some other people at Bennington to find out for sure.  Muh ha ha.......

Anything can be done, question for you will be if it is worth the money.

Back