Changing Room Curtains

KristaPearl

Reaction score
Hello all!!!

Bought an older Bennington from family to have a little fun on our local lake. It's a 2006 2575RL 25' pontoon. It is equipped with the changing room at the rear of the boat, but the curtains are missing. Does anyone have any suggestions for possibly purchasing or having some made? I don't have any idea of what it is supposed to look like, so if anyone has photos of their changing room with curtains up so I can get an idea of what I need to do, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks everyone!!

I’d lean a canvas shop or seamstress due to the age of the pontoon, and nature of what you are looking for.

Another option might be a pop up camping changing room that fits in the spot. That way you can pop it up when changing, but keep the space a totally open storage space when not. I’ve eyed items similar to below for this purpose in our Swingback seat the last couple years…but haven’t yet pulled the trigger (Probably because it wouldn’t be used very much by us these days).

Pop Up Camping Shower/Changing Room

I’d lean a canvas shop or seamstress due to the age of the pontoon, and nature of what you are looking for.

Another option might be a pop up camping changing room that fits in the spot. That way you can pop it up when changing, but keep the space a totally open storage space when not. I’ve eyed items similar to below for this purpose in our Swingback seat the last couple years…but haven’t yet pulled the trigger (Probably because it wouldn’t be used very much by us these days).

Pop Up Camping Shower/Changing Room
Thanks for the response!! I do like the idea of the pop-up!!!! I might have to give that a try this summer...is it summer yet?!?

When I purchased my used 2016 it had double shower curtains in place of the original curtain, works great and takes up less space!!
Thanks Kim!! Do you happen to have any photos of your set-up so I can get an idea of what I'm looking at? My husband and I considered for the frame on the right side of the boat, nearest the water, we could just put up a curtain on the inner part of the frame that would stay there all of the time. I am just not sure of how to cover the longer, back part. I can cover the opening to get in with shower curtains too!!

...is it summer yet?!?
Right!?!

The pop up would be an easy and cheap thing to at least try. That said, if more interested in something more custom, I am highly confident a local canvas shop is going to design and set up something to work specifically with your boat. They are used to having to custom create everything. So I think you’re good to go that route too.

Thanks Kim!! Do you happen to have any photos of your set-up so I can get an idea of what I'm looking at? My husband and I considered for the frame on the right side of the boat, nearest the water, we could just put up a curtain on the inner part of the frame that would stay there all of the time. I am just not sure of how to cover the longer, back part. I can cover the opening to get in with shower curtains too!!
I hope these help, I left the back curtain outside the compartment in the photo but would keep inside if using. The frame was existing and in great shape - just two shower curtains with clear hoops. I roll them up and bungie to keep out of the way - leaves plenty of storage for life jackets etc.

Attachments

• IMG-2320.jpg
    IMG-2320.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-2321.jpg
    IMG-2321.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-2322.jpg
    IMG-2322.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-2323.jpg
    IMG-2323.jpg