Closed stern with sport Arch

Reaction score
We have a 2575 RCW closed stern at the lake of the ozarks in Missouri one of the craziest lakes there is out there. Love our Bennington however, our boat gets beat to death on the water so we need a bigger engine and are looking at a sport tower or arch for our next boat as our Bimini top does not work on this lake with the rattling noise constantly on these rough waters. Our dealer explains that Bennington can not or will not build a boat with a sport arch or a tower with a closed stern ? I understand that the way Bennington builds their boats and towers has undergone a great deal of thought and engineering..".however we as parents of two children on this popular lake need to find a way of having Bennington build a boat for those who still need to look a little sporty with an arch but yet keeping out children safe from these rough waters on this lake. An open stern on this lake is like suicide for our children. Why can't Bennington not find a way to build a 2575 r series or Q series with a closed stern and a sport arch? You are missing a HUGE market down here.

I don't think I would take the dealers word as final. Don't give up with out at least an e-mail direct to Bennington.

Your dealer can request a "special" build. Just cause it's not shown does not mean they won't do it. Ask your dealer to contact them with your request, citing the reason you stated, you might be surprised at how flexible they might be.

I understand your concern, we have the open stern and absolutely love the look and feel of it, but we DEFINITELY are much more careful when our friends kids are out with us. The problem is that they would need a complete redesign of the rear because of how the rear support bar is mounted through the rail. 

As seen in these pics. They would have to try and rework the whole rear fencing area to get it to somehow drop below the tower at that spot or something. I would think the sport arch would be doable since it doesn't have that rear support coming all the way back through the fence. Just like they show it on the GCW. If you want to push for it, that's the way I would think would be easily adapted. Not to mention at least with it you probably won't have the water funnel into the holes of the playpen cover like all us sport tower people have. ( :angry: )

Back