Counter-intuitive Trim Result

Keep in mind, Bennington doesn’t prop the boat. The sales dealerships props the boat. They often prop for general purposes, although I think with bigger HP motors they tend to “try” to prop it a little better than general useage/purposes.

Anyway, pointing this out as many don’t pay attention to prop at pruchase assuming it’s been propped appropriately. That’s not always the case. Sometimes dealerships prop nicely, and sometimes they slap something cost effective vs efficient or performance oriented.

Anyway, just putting this out there FWIW.
I was aware and I used "Bennington" very loosly there as I knew that was the dealer. I should choose my words more carefully :) Anyway I did ask about the prob when I purchased the boat and the response was something about them putting the best prop based on the boat and motor combo from charts and their experiences. I never had an issues as the hole shot was great, and at WOT was plenty.

Keep in mind, Bennington doesn’t prop the boat. The sales dealerships props the boat. They often prop for general purposes, although I think with bigger HP motors they tend to “try” to prop it a little better than general useage/purposes.

Anyway, pointing this out as many don’t pay attention to prop at pruchase assuming it’s been propped appropriately. That’s not always the case. Sometimes dealerships prop nicely, and sometimes they slap something cost effective vs efficient or performance oriented.

Anyway, just putting this out there FWIW.
I swear this belongs in a "thinking about buying your first boat" sticky... i didn't realize it either, until the boat i selected wasn't rigged for yamaha (it was rigged for mercury). I then had a lengthy conversation with the dealer that filled me in on how boats are built. i.e. - outboards and the rigging (not just for pontoons, but not all boats), are installed by the dealer. The mfg of the hull is only specifying a weight and power rating max based on design specs. Not to mention, the mfg doesn't know the use case each owner is going to encounter... is the boat used for cruising, watersports, mostly trolling (my case)? all those affect the best prop selection. And it's still complicated to get right, lol.

Back