Cover for extended deck

SteveW

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find a nice looking cover for an extended aft deck? Anyone tried to improvise something?

I am concerned about the awesome faux teak flooring a few years out if not covered with the rest of the boat. Yes, I am probably overboard picky, and have already purchased the F115 motor cover before i even have a build date for the boat!

Thanks for any insight / thoughts on this one.

It's pretty flat and square, so you could have a cover made out of matching Surlast fabric @ $14.99 per yard--3 1/2 yards would do it. You'd have to put snaps on the aluminum trip around the rear end--no big deal.

The vinyl teak is some top notch stuff.

Anyone know where to find a nice looking cover for an extended aft deck? Anyone tried to improvise something?

I am concerned about the awesome faux teak flooring a few years out if not covered with the rest of the boat. Yes, I am probably overboard picky, and have already purchased the F115 motor cover before i even have a build date for the boat!

CAn't help you with the cover, however, Im kind of interested in the motor cover you spoke about. Is that something that is recommended to take on/off regularly? I'm kind of a maintenance nut and would appreciate the feedback! Thanks, Adam

You can't run the engine with it on.

MAR-MTRCV-11-50 MTR CVR F80, F100, F

This is the Yamaha part I ordered from Boats.net, delivered for $56. Easy on and off.

Bamaman, do you have a good source you trust for the Surlast material. Great idea.

MAR-MTRCV-11-50 MTR CVR F80, F100, F

This is the Yamaha part I ordered from Boats.net, delivered for $56. Easy on and off.

I too am concerned about the deck extension and mine too is faux teak. I intend to ask my dealer to recommend a solution. If not protected from the sun you can imagine what 3+ years at the end of a covered slip will look like. The rear of my Bennington will face the West. My old ski boat rear end (canvas cover on a covered lift) faced the east and got bleached bad after just a few seasons.

Back