Cover

tonyapem

Reaction score
My cover for my 2013 boat is terrible. Where can I get a factory type replacement that will resist the mildew that the current has developed.

Have you contacted your dealer ?

May be a warranty issue and some dealers have their own canvas shop .

Can't speak for or against the original cover by bennington. When I bought the boat, the dealer went for the cover and it was destroyed by rodents. So they made a new one in their canvas shop using sharkskin material. Best top I've had on a boat ever! Lite weight and doesn't leak. It's seen 70+mph wind and 12 in. of snow also.And no having to waterproof.I believe the dealers have or can get the canvas patterns.

Should be a warranty issue. In addition to mildew.......Does it leak? Not fit properly? Ripped? Where is the boat stored and where is the mildew?

My dealer and Bennington paid for a custom local canvas shop with Sunbrella material.

has a couple small holes now that need stitched after 4 years.  I am extremely happy with that durability.

--problem is the roof of our covered docks stops with about 6 feet / half my loungers exposed where all the rain rolls off the roof right onto that area of the cover and the rest exposed.

still have factory cover. It had a major sag that allowed water to pool which caused the issues you described. I used to keep beach balls to stick under those areas which helped.

(why did warranty cover new top)- they forgot to drill the drain holes in my loungers. Those filled up with hundreds of gallons of water through the cover sag that almost sank my boat. Spend a day caught it thankfully before it flipped over and they yelled at the local rep.  

Back