CREATED NEW THREAD***Age of ownership and what model do you own (or want to)

If you own more than one, you can select multiple

• QX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Q

• R

• G

• SXP (SX Premium)

• SX (earlier optional external railing/new style "S")

• S (earlier model internal railing)

• Do not own one yet. (or regret selling it)

• Under 20

• 21-29

• 30-39

• 40-49

• 50-59

• 60-69

• 70-79

• 80+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the group,we need a Maniac in this forum. :lol: :D

Maybe so, although there appears to be no shortage of fanatics on these forums!    Thanks, 1Blderbob :)

The only thing you'll find on this forum is a crazy bunch of great men... and ladies that love Benningtons!! ;)  

The only thing you'll find on this forum is a crazy bunch of great men... and ladies that love Benningtons!! ;)  

You got that right!  I thought I was nuts until i came to this forum. People would look at my table at the lake place and see Pontoon and Deck Boat magazine and look at me like you really like boating. Nothing better for fun in the world is my come back.

I meant fanatics in a good way, can feel the addiction overtaking me too!

It's all good! My wife calls it addiction, I just call it passion! ;)   she's not sure what's worse...... me building a new a new boat or a new fire truck, only advantage with the truck is it doesn't come out of our checking account! :)  

But I will admit I do have a Bennington addiction. Hopefully we don't need to start a help group!!

But I will admit I do have a Bennington addiction. Hopefully we don't need to start a help group!!

You've already been visiting the help group for a while on here now. Problem is none of us will admit it's a problem so we can't take that first step towards change! And that's ok with me!

Hi all, my first post. Ordered a new SFX 21 at the beginning of the month, anxiously awaiting it's arrival and ice-out. I wish I'd have joined this forum before I ordered, there's a lot of good information here from those who use the product. Glad I'm getting a Bennington though, they seem to be well-built.

I owned a used, 14' Sylvan bow rider for a couple years in the past, but was soured on it when the engine briefly caught fire while I had my 2 young daughters in the boat. Vowed not to buy a another unless new, because my lake is too big & remote and sparsely populated to take chances.

Welcome Maniac! Good luck sleeping until you take delivery. Pictures when you can...

Welcome Maniac! Good luck sleeping until you take delivery. Pictures when you can...

Definitely! I hope to launch my Benny on Memorial Day weekend, a traditional camp-opening time in Maine. I have 6 weeks vacation in July and August off and plan to put some hours on. I'm going to hate to take it out of the lake for the 140 mile round trip for the Yamaha's 20 hour service.

I'm going to hate to take it out of the lake for the 140 mile round trip for the Yamaha's 20 hour service.

When I found out it was going to cost me a couple hundred for the 20 hour service, not to mention the hassle of getting there and back, I threw caution to the wind. I ended the season with around 80 hours and it didn't seize up. Guess I should have read my warranty to see if I voided it, but my oil looked just fine all season. I know I'm in the minority on this subject.

When I found out it was going to cost me a couple hundred for the 20 hour service, not to mention the hassle of getting there and back, I threw caution to the wind. I ended the season with around 80 hours and it didn't seize up. Guess I should have read my warranty to see if I voided it, but my oil looked just fine all season. I know I'm in the minority on this subject.

$200 for the 20 hour service?! When does it ever end? I've been told that a boat is a hole in the water one throws their $ into, looks like it's coming true. :'(

I'm hoping that I can arrange to get the service done in a business day so I don't have to make 2 trips. Do you (or any else) have any idea about how much time the 20 hour service takes?

$200 for the 20 hour service?! When does it ever end? I've been told that a boat is a hole in the water one throws their $ into, looks like it's coming true. :'(

I'm hoping that I can arrange to get the service done in a business day so I don't have to make 2 trips. Do you (or any else) have any idea about how much time the 20 hour service takes?

OOPS,should have put the Evinrude on the back.First service was at 300 hrs.. All kidding aside, the person that started that saying was not a boater.Let us know what you think at the end of the season.I'll bet the money was well worth it.

I'm interested in surveying the average age of ownership of Bennington owners.

66,purchased at 55

I'm curious to see where this will end up. so far I am not surprised by the results. Boating, like a lot of other hobbies, can be very expensive and more "affordable" to seasoned individuals.

Yeah, I'm sure the "cheaper" brands out there would probably show a huge swing in a different direction, but it will still be interesting to see if there's a measurable percentage of "younger" ownership.

Locked this one and created a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back