Dealer damage during service

Namaste II

Reaction score
Keeping a log of a problem that may take months to resolve: I turned my 2013 Bennington 20SLX in to the dealer for its 100 hour service on Nov 14th, 2014, and after picking it up, I noticed a ding in the side near the fuel tank that wasn't there when the boat was turned in,  The ding was from the INSIDE out.  I took photos and gave them to the dealer showing the damage was caused by impropperly removing the water separator (Damage was severe scarring inside the boat from a wrench used to remove the separator).  Boat was turned in Monday Dec 1st and picked up Wednesday Dec 3rd. The ding was hammered back, but is as visible as before. Dealer said "that's as good as it gets."  After we rejected that argument and demanded a work order to fix, we were told it would months before new panel can be installed, so we started this record to keep track.  We;ll see

IMG_1309-001.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309-001.JPG

Poor workmanship! Even poorer response from the dealer. Go over their head!

Not sure what Bennington will do as it is dealer caused damage, not a warranty or manufacturing issue. Ask them for their commercial general liability policy information so you can file a claim with their carrier for damages to your property while under their care custody and control. Maybe that will get them moving.

It is a Dealer issue ,Bennington has Nothing to do with it .

Mine was hit  in my slip this past season .Entire port side toon is being replaced .

The only thing that Bennington has to do with mine is shipping the replacement

Back