Deroit Boat Show..... Anyone going?

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I'm headed there tomorrow (Sunday). Here's the routine my drinking team has followed for years:

1. The northern Michigan contingent leaves about 6:30 am.

2. They arrive at my house about 10 am for breakfast. The menu: Eggs over easy, hash browns, corned beef hash, biscuits & sausage gravy, toast and BEER!

3. We drive to Cobo Hall and arrive about noon, just in time for concessions to start selling $7 beers (hey, they're 16 ouncers).

4. We do the boat show. I especially like sitting on the display 'toons and people watching. Eventually, the sales guys send me packing to another booth.

5. After a couple of hours and a few beers, we head back to Lansing (we have a DD) to eat dinner at Hooters. Man, their wings are good (breasts, too)!

6. About 6 pm, they head for home; arriving about 10 pm. It's a long day for the up north guys. A good time is always had by all!

Any boaters headed that way? How about you factory guys (Mr. Call)? Who's going and which dealer's booth will I find you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm headed there tomorrow (Sunday). Here's the routine my drinking team has followed for years:

1. The northern Michigan contingent leaves about 6:30 am.

2. They arrive at my house about 10 am for breakfast. The menu: Eggs over easy, hash browns, corned beef hash, biscuits & sausage gravy, toast and BEER!

3. We drive to Cobo Hall and arrive about noon, just in time for concessions to start selling $7 beers (hey, they're 16 ouncers).

4. We do the boat show. I especially like sitting on the display 'toons and people watching. Eventually, the sales guys send me packing to another booth.

5. After a couple of hours and a few beers, we head back to Lansing (we have a DD) to eat dinner at Hooters. Man, their wings are good (breasts, too)!

6. About 6 pm, they head for home; arriving about 10 pm. It's a long day for the up north guys. A good time is always had by all!

Any boaters headed that way? How about you factory guys (Mr. Call)? Who's going and which dealer's booth will I find you?
A grand time was had by all! The Bennington booth was swamped in comparison to the other pontoon displays. I talked briefly to Jason Call and he reported strong 1st and 2nd day sales for Benningtons.

While the show, from a square footage perspective, was similar to last year's reduction (about 1/3 less that 2007, for example), but the people factor was way up from 2010, by my estimates. Lots of interested people. The automakers last week announced big profit sharing bonuses; maybe folks will start buying boats again!!!

Back