Dog Boarding Ladder

Stowaway

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a rear mount, 4 step folding dog (and human) boarding ladder such as the one for sale by AquaStairs? If Bennington had one, I'd go that route, but no such luck. Any other ideas for dog boarding ladders? Thanks...

Did a quick search because I remember looking into this. Turns out my dogs hate the water, love the boat so I don't have to worry about how to get them BACK in the boat! Here is the topic link

I am just buying my first Bennington and the first thing I did was to look into dog boarding ladders. We have an 80# yellow lab. I haven't bought it yet, but there is one from Bass Pro Shops that looks like it would work.

Bought a Load a Pup and wasn't real happy with it. It's small, convenient, but I found it difficult to stabilize. Purchased a Doggy Dock at the end of last season. Haven't had a chance to use it yet this year. But I will post a review when it warms up in Indiana.

Thanks all. Our pooch is a 75lb Lab with somewhat weak back legs. I agree, the Load a Pup is a good solution as far as stowage is concerned but it does look unstable, particularly for a big dog. The Doggy Dock ramp is the best solution as far as getting her on back on board. But stowing the ramp while underway is a serious problem on a pontoon. We'll keep researching.

Back