Doors Rattle

Duckgrinder

Reaction score
Does anyones doors vibrate and rattle when at an idle? I don't know if this common or if it is just my boat. Both my port door and stern door (only when stern is open). If this is common what is everyone doing to fix the rattle? Weatherstripping?

My 2007 used to rattle bad but my 2011 has been ok.

Mine does. As soon as I put it in gear I get a vibration through the whole boat. I usually bump the rpm's to 1000 and it goes away. My wife's family's 2250rl does that as well. Both boats have a Yamaha 115 so I wonder if that is the issue.

No rattles on our 2011 rcw.

I'd say something about the yamaha causing the problem, but I hate that Damn thing they Karma. :-D

Get some peel and stick felt and wrap a piece around the bottom of the door where it goes in the holder.

I have seen more than once that if the outboard was trimmed maximum down, more vibration was transmitted throughout the whole boat. If trimmed up even a miniscule amount the vibration lessened.

I do keep it trimmed up a bit and it does help. As stated as soon as I get to about 1200-1500 and above it stops. I don't think it is something to call the dealer about since it is not something that I can't fix myself. I am going to come up with something and report back.

I also trim the Merc up just a tad and get RPM's a little and it helped a lot.

Back