Dori Pole boat mounts?

jcr159

Reaction score
Anyone ever try mounting a Dori Pole on their actual pontoon?

I can't modify the slip I rent. I'd like to try putting a mount on the boat so I can put up the pole attached to the boat while moored.

Creative thoughts welcomed, lol. I emailed them a little bit ago to see if there was an "official" answer....

Anyone ever try mounting a Dori Pole on their actual pontoon?

I can't modify the slip I rent. I'd like to try putting a mount on the boat so I can put up the pole attached to the boat while moored.

Creative thoughts welcomed, lol. I emailed them a little bit ago to see if there was an "official" answer....

id 10 T error... doh... they have pontoon boat kits right on the site now!

This kit looks VERY promising. I have been using Dori Poles dockside for about 5 years now. I swear by them. They have been instrumental to keep birds at bay when nothing else worked prior.

I swear these must be newer since I last purchased anything through their website (which, admittedly, has been a while). I tried jimmy-rigging mounts and zip tying poles to our old lift, and since, the boat when on Sea Legs when would dock it way out away from the dock when the water level gets to low late season. All my attempts, which were incredibly amateurish, failed. The flags would either be too low and get caught up, OR they would blow, pivot, and angle in ways rendering useless.

These hold great promise! The only snags I see is this: are their areas one can mounts them AND put the mooring cover on the boat? For me, that would be our use situation. The other is the idea of drilling into our flooring to install the base. Just unsure of wanting to do something like that.

Thanks for sharing these JCR. Super excited about the possibilities they hold.

Last edited:
This kit looks VERY promising. I have been using Dori Poles dockside for about 5 years now. I swear by them. They have been instrumental to keep birds at bay when nothing else worked prior.

I swear these must be newer since I last purchased anything through their website (which, admittedly, has been a while). I tried jimmy-rigging mounts and zip tying poles to our old lift, and since, the boat when on Sea Legs when would dock it way out away from the dock when the water level gets to low late season. All my attempts, which were incredibly amateurish, failed. The flags would either be too low and get caught up, OR they would blow, pivot, and angle in ways rendering useless.

These hold great promise! The only snag I see is this: are their areas one can mounts them AND put the mooring cover on the boat? For me, that would be our use situation.

Thanks for sharing these JCR. Super excited about the possibilities they hold.

I have the same potentially issues... for the benefits, I'm going to see in a month or so when i get out of storage what could be done. could be worth it for some custom cover work. I was also thinking on the back platform might work if i can find a way to use the ski bar...

I have the same potentially issues... for the benefits, I'm going to see in a month or so when i get out of storage what could be done. could be worth it for some custom cover work. I was also thinking on the back platform might work if i can find a way to use the ski bar...
That could hold some promise.

I wont have my boat out of winter storage until later in May, so keep me posted on your exploration. With our swingback floor plan and power curved bimini set up, I am wondering if some sort of side mount where the pole sneaks up through the gap in th mooring cover area that envelopes the Bimini frame. Perhaps beside helm chair area on mine for at least one pole…? Not sure, but working on visualizing my options. We have a turbo swing, so I don’t have a rear tow bar, and my swingback seat rails are covered by the mooring cover. Anyhow, I like the product whether or not I’ll be able to utilize it.

Now to contemplate drilling through my vinyl flooring to mount the base plate. I am apprehensive about that.

My creative thought. I used my table mount (pole with out table) And put that black pipe insulation around the Dori pole and put it in the table mount. It works!

Back