Double Bimini for 20 SL

SamF

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here and potential new owners. Have a deposit down but nor sure we will go through with it because of a couple if issues.

One question I have is regarding additional shade. Sun is wicked here in Florida and we need a Bimini on the front. It's apparently not offered as an option on the 20 ft boats - at least not on the "build a boat" section of the website.

Can anyone tell me if we can indeed get a 2nd factory Bimini installed - or have another suggestion? I really hate to go with an aftermarket solution on a new boat.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

We could not get a factory 2nd bimini on our 2012 22 SSI, our dealer ordered the 2nd Bimini with hardware from a larger Bennington boat and had a local shop cut and fit it to our boat. Looks just like a factory 2nd Bimini (see pictures in Gallery under "Our New Bennington 22 SSI). Same issue in SoCal lots of hot sunny days!

Hope you stay with the order, this our 2nd Bennington!

RiverBill

+1 with RiverBill. It's the only way you can get the tubing and canvas to match. On a new boat, it's best if it all looks factory.

I understand where you're coming from in the hot Summers in the Deep South.

It is amazing what these canvas shops can do.

I also had the frame and material ordered from Bennington for the 2nd Bimini, canvas shop added the zippers, etc. to make it look as factory as if I ordered it that way. Also, had the playpen modified to match the new mounting points.

Next up are some mesh side screens to help the loungers a bit. Been a very hot summer and my little guy has gotten several new moles this yer.

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like factory is the way to go.

Did you mount the hardware yourself? Did you take the whole boat to a canvas shop to measure etc?

From the looks of the photos mentioned above, when the front cover is stored it does not fold flat down to the playpen but rides up high?

Thanks again for any help!

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Next up are some mesh side screens to help the loungers a bit. Been a very hot summer and my little guy has gotten several new moles this year.
TMI
puke.gif

Personally, I like to keep my "little Willy" out of the sun.

Sam,

The front Bimini folds down flat, the only thing I notice is that it sticks out the front of the boat when folded all the way down. It comes close to the front ladder hand rail, but it clears everything. On our other Bennington 2006 2275 with factory double bimini the front bimini ended at the front gate (no over hang).

RiverBill

Hi All,

New here and potential new owners. Have a deposit down but nor sure we will go through with it because of a couple if issues.

One question I have is regarding additional shade. Sun is wicked here in Florida and we need a Bimini on the front. It's apparently not offered as an option on the 20 ft boats - at least not on the "build a boat" section of the website.

Can anyone tell me if we can indeed get a 2nd factory Bimini installed - or have another suggestion? I really hate to go with an aftermarket solution on a new boat.

Thanks,

Sam
I asked the same question several weeks ago and was referred to The Bimini Buddy, which I bought and installed this past weekend. It works great, but slightly too long for our 2275 GCW so I will have it modified to attach to existing top. You can also see a video on Youtube, which demos put up and take down. It can be taken down in 3 minutes (took me longer the first time) and stored under a seat. Price is $549 with free shipping and the aluminum frame is good quality and fits perfectly and the cover is sunbrella fabric. I will post pictures later.

Royo

Back