Double Bimini Top

JimmiV

Reaction score
Members, I have a 2004 2575 RFI with a stock single Bimini top...I would like to put another Bimini on the front section of the boat and have it zip together to create a Double Bimini...does Bennington still make or offer these? Or does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes an after market 1 1/4" frame with top that will mate up to original top

Thanks

Jimmi V.

The dealer I bought by Benni from had a local shop do the front bimini.  Worked and looks great.  You might want to talk to the local dealer.

You'd have to go through dealer to find out if Bennington still has product available for a 2004. As stated maybe a local shop can do something for you.

The bimini frames on my 05 appear to be the same as the ones on my new boat. Even the plastic attachment pieces appear to be exactly the same. As far as fabric, I went with a custom Sunbrella top on my new boat (attached to the factory frame). If you have trouble finding factory fabric, a custom shop can do it for you.

I recently looked into doing this same thing for my 2012 2275 GCW.  May wanna sit down for this.... All parts and materials from Bennington to add the second bimini including fabric (not sunbrella) was $2700!!!!!!!  Thats plus install labor for the local guy to install it and add the zipper to combine them together.  The local guy said he could "make" me a frame that wouldn't match and that was still gonna cost me $2000!!

2nd bimini.jpg

I have a 2012 2275 GCW and we very quickly decided we needed a second bimini and I asked the same question you asked and someone suggested bimini buddy.  We contacted them and were sent fabric samples and chose the black which was very close to the bimini we had.  For a little over $500 we got a very nice quality 2nd bimini.  The first season we overlapped with the original one and during the off season we had a local marine upholsterer to shorten it and attach a zipper so we could connect the two tops. The setup works great.  It attached with clamps for easy removal, but next week I am replacing the clamps with aluminum brackets from Overton's for a more permanent solution.  Attached is a picture which is not very clear, but I think you can get the idea.

Good luck............Roy

To get the factory rails and canvas it did cost a couple grand but they also added it under my factory warranty and modded the mooring cover.

We also moved the original Bimini back as far as it would go which meant adding longer front legs.

It's zippered together for a tight fit, see my gallery for pics.

When buying new it was wort it as my boat is modded the way I wanted.

Back