Dual battery help

BMiller

Reaction score
Hello from MI! Can anyone recommend a kit for installing dual battery setup? Does this affect warranty? I don't trust running an amp and sub on a single battery. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230505_145620.jpg
    20230505_145620.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 7
First of all Welcome! Where in Michigan are you from? On a lake (which one?) or trailer around? Me and many others in here are Michiganders.

What year boat and years or warranty left? Based on your question, are you looking at DIY? If so, I would really speak directly with a certified Bennington dealer so they can get you clarity directly from Bennington with that warranty question. If something ever went sideways electrically, and you had DIY’d a dual battery + Perko Switch set up, I would assume it would void any warranty coverage.

As a reference, I had some MAJOR electrical issues, no DIY, and warranty didn’t cover any of it because the ”cause” was inconclusive…AND my boat had been exclusively handled via dealership annually for all upkeep and maintenance.

My advice would be to have a certified Bennington dealership do the job, even thought it would be much more expensive, if you have a lot of time left on your warranty to CYA. If you are near the end of your warranty, but have the skills to DIY, then perhaps just wait slightly longer and tackle the job yourself when your warranty is up.

After my major electrical meltdown two years ago I am somewhat risk adverse when it comes to doing any work on my boat until my warranty is up in 2028.

I'm on Loon lake in Waterford township. Got a 2018 23sx this year from eagle point marina, so yeah it's been professionally maintained. I'm also looking at 5 more years of warranty

I'm on Loon lake in Waterford township. Got a 2018 23sx this year from eagle point marina, so yeah it's been professionally maintained. I'm also looking at 5 more years of warranty
Awesome! Great to meet you, and congratulations on the new to you Benny. I lean cautiously with 5 years of good warranty left on that boat. Personally, I would at least get a quote from a dealership with them doing the work, with verification that with them doing the work it wouldn‘t negatively impact your warranty. At least that way, you know how much that option cost. Frankly, I think it would be a quick job for a tech. They are familiar with dual battery + Perko switch set ups and repairs. Battery would be the most expensive part, otherwise just the perko switch and wiring + labor.

Actually just spoke to a dealer nearby. Only 3-400 including the battery. Likely I'll keep a spare on board for emergency this season, and have the switch installed when I pull the boat in the fall

Back