E15

spinzone

Reaction score
Thanks T.B. for posting the link to the articles on E15 in the Helpful Hints section. I had read elsewhere that many of the IOs and Outboards in the deterioration tests did not even survive a 1 year simulation. Also, this stuff will be forced upon us as early as December.

Once again, this is why using marine grade fuel with an ethanol blend of E10 or less is so important. Come spring, marinas may be the only vendors of such grades.

If you want to find ethanol-free gas in your area go to pure-gas.org it will give you locations close to you. I found one 4 blocks from my house. Ethanol-free at the marina was $4.60 a gallon last weekend.

Lakebum- I'm a big proponent of using 100% gasoline from my marina or pure-gas.org stations. My hopes are that our fellow members will read these studies and become aware just how damaging the 5% bump in ethanol will be for their marine engines.

The powers that be are trying to decide if 15% will be safe for 2007 and up autos. 2008's are supposed to be. My newest ride is an 07 so I will stick to ethanol-free just to be safe. The problems that 15 will cause will really hit alot of pocket books.

Yamaha owners..... Yamaha recommends using "ring-free" at all times with 10% ethanol,I use it with ethanol-free gas.

Back