ESP Trailer Supports

Wow! That great pice for such a nice trailer. I will give him a call.

Thanks for the great information.
No problem. Tell Paul I sent you from the Club Bennington site. If you feel the need to have the offset center tube support like I did, it would take another couple of weeks and $100-150, but TB said it really isn't needed.

Jeff,

His pricing is "no haggle", but very good. Mine was "loaded" with every possible option for ~$3500. Most others were much higher. See their various tandem trailers here:

http://www.trailersforpontoons.com/tatrailers.html

You would need their PT26T/13, which starts at $2755 base price with 10" drum brakes on 1 axle. Add $285 for a tri-tube kit and you're good to go. They are normally in stock and Paul is great to work with there.

Let me know if I can help.

Tom
Tom,

So was your trailer made by Mid-America? The link you provided is different then the Mid-America web site.

I am a little confused.

Jeff

Tom,

So was your trailer made by Mid-America? The link you provided is different then the Mid-America web site.

I am a little confused.

Jeff
Oh sorry about that, I guess I posted that somewhere else. They are in Elkhart but he has the frames made by Mid-America Trailers in Lebanon Missouri and receives truck shipments every week or so. Then they finish them out locally with whatever options you want. I added disc brakes, aluminum wheels, higher rated tires, etc and they had it ready the same day. My frame had to be ordered because I asked for the extra brace in back, so it took a couple of weeks to change the design, build and ship it to him. It was a VERY painless process other than having to write a big check for something I didn't originally think I needed, but now I'm really glad I did it.

Oh sorry about that, I guess I posted that somewhere else. They are in Elkhart but he has the frames made by Mid-America Trailers in Lebanon Missouri and receives truck shipments every week or so. Then they finish them out locally with whatever options you want. I added disc brakes, aluminum wheels, higher rated tires, etc and they had it ready the same day. My frame had to be ordered because I asked for the extra brace in back, so it took a couple of weeks to change the design, build and ship it to him. It was a VERY painless process other than having to write a big check for something I didn't originally think I needed, but now I'm really glad I did it.
Excellent, thanks. I will give Paul a call.

My boat was picked up and fitted to the trailer at Bennington this morning and it looks like a great fit for the ESP :)

We'll work out the tie down setup later.

Good stuff!

Whoo hoo. Glad everything turned out for ya

Todd

Hey Tom, when you get a chance, measure from the ground to the top of the flooring/decking for me. Interested in knowing how tall that one is compared to mine. Thanks!!

It could still go back a few inches, but it should be no problem. Nice job by Mid-America and Paul's Marine.

Hey Derrick, here's what one of our engineers has to say:

"We (at Bennington) have used trailers that are not "extended" on ESP boats for years, even with an F350 (800+ pounds. Trailering the boat was actually part of our testing procedure when developing the 350hp boat rating. Below are pictures of a trailer we use with an extended center bunk...it's nice to have, but not necessary."

Something to keep in mind when spec'ing a trailer. We list a standard boat weight, but weights can vary based on optional equipment. Let's look at an extreme case, excluding the weight of water-soaked furniture, carpet, etc.:

Engine 1100 pounds

Fuel 300 pounds

Options 300 pounds

Gear 200 pounds

Batteries 90 pounds

"Tongue weight is normally about 12.5% of the trailer gross weight when not using load levelers. This type of information should come from the trailer manufacturer, not Bennington."

Hope this helps! TB
So here is a question for mighty Bennington, what model did you use for testing the 350hp on? The reason I ask is the center toon/transom on an RCW is substantially longer than on an RCB. Sorry, I just remembered looking at the difference with Jared at our boat show in Winnipeg and thinking of this very question and I forgot to ask! Haha

It could still go back a few inches, but it should be no problem. Nice job by Mid-America and Paul's Marine.
I ordered the same trailer yesterday that Tom has. I ordered it from Paul's Marine. Great price, great service, great trailer. The biggest hassle was going to be getting it to my marina in Wisconsin to load my boat on to. Paul is delivering it for $200. I could not go pick it up and drive it back for that much. Paul is top notch to work with and HUGE thanks to Tom for turning me on to him and the Mid America Trailer.

Problem with the Trailers noted in this thread is that you have to go pick up the trailer....  And they are in Indiana.  I would buy one but am not willing to do the 1 way 11 hr drive...

Not so. I purchased my trailer down in Indiana and paid them a couple hundred bucks and they delivered the trailer to my Bennington dealer 6 hours away. I figured my time was worth more than 12 hours of window time.

Back