Expandable Hoses?

tyjy

Reaction score
Hi,

Never thought I'd be interested in one of those "expandable" hoses (that scrunch down really small) but considering one now to hose off motor and such after docking and there's a spigot with fresh water next to our slip. Has anyone ever used such a thing? Reviews are mixed, some say they "explode" huh? or don't last!  Some are $10 some $43? Anyone use a hose at a rented slip? Maybe there's a better kind. Probably need 50'+-

Thanks!

A " Good " hose is not cheap . $10 bucks is cheap enough to try though

Thanks. only reason considering is I thought if it scrunched down to compact size it'll be easy to stash. (Starting to get that "PAD" syndrome but not with a BOAT but with our HOUSE! haha For the first time in my life I wish I LIVED ON A LAKE! haha)

Yep ,I understand about the house . Housing market is starting to recover.I need to at least get what I paid out of this one . New home construction ( or the price of lumber ) has to be way up ,I cant believe the amount of land that is being cleared up here .

Thanks. only reason considering is I thought if it scrunched down to compact size it'll be easy to stash. (Starting to get that "PAD" syndrome but not with a BOAT but with our HOUSE! haha For the first time in my life I wish I LIVED ON A LAKE! haha)

I love the concept, but have not had good luck with them.  Leaking so much that they are not usable, and unlike a conventional hose, I cannot repair the leaks.

As seen on TV, I thought they were guaranteed   Not to leak .

Is that why they also sell this stuff ? :lol:

14028913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with most guarantees, it is a hassle to get it resolved.  If you google, there is a class action law suit against some of these hose people.

Yep ,I understand about the house . Housing market is starting to recover.I need to at least get what I paid out of this one . New home construction ( or the price of lumber ) has to be way up ,I cant believe the amount of land that is being cleared up here .
Florida and Midwest are hot building areas right now. They took a hard hit in the bust so nothing got built for a long time. Now that some peoples paper (stocks) income is back, building is picking up. Lumber prices are moving up to normal levels. Not pre bust levels, but high enough to stagnate our area. Funny thing is, some stuff is priced at levels from early 90's as I found an old price book. 7/16 osb is actually cheaper now or right in line.

Just bought a 2 pa k at Sams club for $30 few people at the marina use them with no complaints

we have both hot and cold water in our garage at our cottage.  The HOT water destroyed 2 of these expandable hoses in less then 30 mins of use.  Have to get some sort of Y connection to "blend" the hot and cold.  The hot works awesome for removing grime from toons over the cold water spigot, but it takes a regular hose to be able to use

Back