Express Tube Package or ESP for a 2250 GSR

sharse

Reaction score
We are looking a 2013 2250 GSR with the express tube package with a 150hp motor. This boat is in stoke and on clearance. We were thinking of getting the 2050 GSR with the ESP and a 200hp motor. What is the biggest difference in performance between the two packages beside the hp of the motors?

We took a 25' tritoon with ESP and a 250hp motor for a test drive and was very impressed with the ride and how it drove. I don't want to get the ETP package and not have the same performance as the ESP we test drove. We will use the boat for tubing and skiing with the kids. Also if we have 6-8 people the boat can the boat still perform good?

With the ESP and the 250 you'll be able to do anything you want.

The biggest difference is going to be turning as the ESP banks like a v-hull in turns. Also, the ESP requires a tad more hp to get the best from it. 150hp is absolute minimum but 200 is much better. At that point you're also going to want power steering as well, so the dollars increase quickly for that. I have the ESP and 250 and love it. My ESP boat can do most anything the old tournament ski boat would except it carries a lot more people!

What Carl said X2. The ESP or SPS.

If you're buying new, the ESP is the way to go with a minimum of 200 hp.

IMO, the ETP is like an aftermarket add-on for the guy who wants to economically make his twin tuber into a tritoon and nothing more. I've always viewed it as the wanna-be tritoon, It works......somewhat, but it ain't right. It may cost a bit more to buy the ESP or SPS, but you get a LOT more boat and won't be another "I wish I had" ETP owner. The money you spend upfront will be returned upon resale.

ESP is worth every penny. Oh, and get the in floor storage, you'll thank me later. Believe me! I currently have a couple oars, bumpers, fishing rod, kneeboard, wakeboard, a 2 person tube, and a 3 person tube all in there. Love it.

Believe me! I currently have a couple oars, bumpers, fishing rod, kneeboard, wakeboard, a 2 person tube, and a 3 person tube all in there. Love it.
And you wonder why your boat is slow. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a 2013 RBR 2550 with the express tube package with a 150hp motor and we love it!!!!! We see speeds up to 40 MPH with 4 people on it. Turning is not the best but we do our boating on the CT. River so no big deal

And you wonder why your boat is slow. :lol:
Haha, point taken! it sure is great having that storage! When we had the 09 GLi, we kept the tube and kneeboard under the sundeck, we'd be lost without it on the RCW!

We have a 2013 RBR 2550 with the express tube package with a 150hp motor and we love it!!!!! We see speeds up to 40 MPH with 4 people on it. Turning is not the best but we do our boating on the CT. River so no big deal
Your signature says the you have 32" twin Ellipticals. The express tube package (ETP) is a standard twin tuber with the short center tube. A 3/4 tritoon. :rolleyes: Two completely different tube configurations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good catch Ben! I completely missed that! Very big difference.

I totally misread what he was talking about, my bad

Thanks every one for you input. I think we will order the 2250 GRS with the ESP package with 200hp motor. If your spending that much money what's alittle more to get what you want.

Can you put a tritoon on a regular pontoon bunk trailer?

Thanks again

I just got the 2250 GSR 150 ESP and am happy as a clam.

While I will always want more HP, for my area it would be a waste.

Hell I went 150 over the 115.

I think if I was looking at the $$$$'s for the 200, I would be considering stepping up

to a higher model....but pay little attention to my input as I am just a noob

Al

Semper-Fi

Thats not the way we work around here Al, we appreciate EVERYONE'S Input! (well, we do have some exceptions, but they know who they are) hehe That's the great thing about this forum is there is representation from all walks of life, helps me sometimes see outside of my little box! Me personally, I would add the center bunk, I tow every time I go out so it's worth having the support. Not to mention I have 500lbs of motor bouncing around on the center pontoon.

Back