Extra storage in bow of Q (see picture)

Kells

Reaction score
It looks like this is an option on the 2014's and I would really like to use the space there.  Here are the pictures

bennington-2575-qcw-8.JPG

bennington-2575-qcw-7.JPG

On my 2013 there is a wood cutout wrapped in vinyl mounted there, it was halfway loose and I noticed the corner of it sticking out farther after a day of boating so I gave it a light pull and the whole thing came off!  It was just stuck to the panel with some form of double sided marine grade velcro strips 2" x 5" long.  both sides of the strips were stuck to to the removable panel because it looked like the adhesive against the aluminum panel had failed.  

Behind it was a solid piece of gloss black aluminum siding (without the ripples).  Looks exactly like the picture above without the brackets and latch.

Does anyone know if I were to cut this out would it be wide open like it is in the picture above?  If so I can proceed with this project.

I just don't want to find out there was some support beams running along the area I would like the cutout.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any information as I don't yet own my G series, but I would assume that it is similar. Hopefully someone from TB will give insight to this question. Would be a nice bonus for you. GL.

For those interested I can confirm that it can be cut out and the bow is open just like it's pictured (great news), however there will not be a piece of fiberglass against the back of the seats, only the exposed rotocast seats. 

I also confirmed the 2014 latch doors cannot be retrofitted.  I may just dremel out the back panel and add a hinge on the existing wood/vinyl panel that is currently secured with the adhesive tape.

Great information, too bad the 2014 door cannot be retrofitted

Just get a big piece of smoked lexan and make a door. Shouldn't be that difficult. New project time !!!

Back