Few questions.... new Owner here... Thanks in advance

Newport RI

Reaction score
Few questions! thanks all

1. Surprised there is no mid ship cleat, just that metal loop.... I assume that loop is strong enough to use as a cleat?

2. Top front of each toon has a open 0 circle... tap is welded to the toon.. notes -NO LIFT- but can they be tied to if needed and used as additional cleats? What are these used for?

3. When front cleats are used the dock lines run over the cover and if a bit rocky (I am on ocean) the ship goes up and down and the lines tighten and pull down on the boats cover? This is happening thousands of time per day... just cant see how the cover will hold up from this stretching of downward pressure from the lines? I am tieing up and again lines go from lest say front cleat to front dock at an angle...

4. That playpen cover is a bit of a bear.... do they sell anything thats a temporary like cover, doesnt offer as much coverage as the full blown play pen but still a good amount of protection from the elements, some rain and sun but much easier to toss on and off? the thought of removing it all the time adds some serious hassle to my boatng experience. I prefer not to leave it uncovered... If I plan to use the boat few days in a row will leave uncovered but most times see myself covering it and just hoping there is an easier way...

5. Rear play pen cover by rear sport arch where the two furthest bars run onto boat, the cover allows for the two rear bars to come from one hole in the cover... even when tied leaves some open space for rain to enter etc... is that OK or am attaching rear portion of cover wrong?

6. Top 3 things NEVER to do to my boat are?????? like to learn from others wisdom and experiences. so fire away!

Thanks all!

(this is a benny qcw 25 sport tower

Last edited by a moderator:
1. It is strong as a cleat. We use it to hold the front of the boat off the dock

2. We clip our front hold off ropes in those holes. The ropes are permanently attached to the dock cleats. It makes for a fast hookup.

3. Pictures would help to understand your issue

4. The cover gets easier with practice.

5. Pictures again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back