Finish ??

ronfl

Reaction score
I have a 2275RL and the stearing wheel is woodgrain and has a clear poly type finish. The finish is showing some ware and I would like to put a fresh coat of finish on it. Does anyone know what type of clearcoat Bennington uses?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

This isn't good! 34 views and no responce :( !

This isn't good! 34 views and no responce :( !
Try an exterior grade clear polyurethane finish, spot tested to be sure it it compatible with the current finish. Since the original finish was applied in a contraolled environment by the wheel manufacturer, your new application may not be perfect! (May not last as long, either) Worth a try, though! TB

p.s. If the boat is still under 5-year bow to stern warranty, we can replace the wheel at n/c. :)

Last edited:
Try an exterior grade clear polyurethane finish, spot tested to be sure it it compatible with the current finish. Since the original finish was applied in a contraolled environment by the wheel manufacturer, your new application may not be perfect! (May not last as long, either) Worth a try, though! TB

p.s. If the boat is still under 5-year bow to stern warranty, we can replace the wheel at n/c. :)
It's an 04 2275RL and I'm not the original owner so I doubt it's still under warrenty? It's a great boat and I'm thinking of a new one in the spring. I really like the new series of boats and the 150hp power!

It's an 04 2275RL and I'm not the original owner so I doubt it's still under warrenty? It's a great boat and I'm thinking of a new one in the spring. I really like the new series of boats and the 150hp power!
Glad you are happy and looking at a new model. Thanks for your loyalty, we sure appreciate it.

Back