First Time Bennington Buyer

rffanat1c

Reaction score
So after all kinds of research, I'm trading my 2006 PartiKraft 2386RE-4 in for a Bennington.  The only issue that I'm facing is we are deciding between a 2014 24 SSRSX that we customize.  It would have a 150 and the EPS package along with a few other options.  We could get it for $36,900.  The problem that we are having in deciding is that the dealer as a 2013 2574 GCW (150HP, triple toon) for sale that is brand new, would have all options we need but not as customized.  The price on that boat is $39,900.

We like the lounges and the radius seating in the front of the GCW, but love the quad chaise setup on the SSRX.  Can anyone with a GCW tell me if the front gets crowded in the leg area with adults?  We are going to have adults and kids from 2-11 on the boat and are leaning towards the SSRX.  But I can't help but think I'm missing a great deal on the GCW and its a bigger boat, but with less kid friendly seating.  Any opinions would be great!  Thanks.

That is a tough call. Both boats are great but I think the main question you need to ask is, which boat would we grow out of first. If you think you'll want a G series in a few years to due the kids growing up, might as well get it now. I ordered an S based on our wanted options instead of taking dealer stock as we wanted salt water options and other non stock options for our area. Is the GCW an Express tube? (Shorter middle toon)

I have a GCW and do not find a crowding issue. Seems the ladies like it up front and the guys love the rear loungers. The kids are grand kids so they aren't there all the time but when they are, they are everywhere and it still isn't a problem. I love the G by the way.

I'm not sure what the center tube on the GCW is.  Its original MSRP was $56,800 according to the site.  I didn't get underneath and look.  

We have a GCW and don't find issues with crowding.  We have had 2 families, 4 adults and six kids without issues.  Also have had 10 adults on without issues of feeling overcrowded.  What are some of the customizations you are looking at if it has all the options you want?  The kids we have are typically 6-12 years old.  Usually the kids congregate in the back on the two loungers and the adults in the front/middle.  We have a 2275 so I can't imagine a 2574 feeling crowded.

Exterior color for one, I like matador red with bronze accent.  Also it doesn't have pillow top, it has carpet rather than seagrass.  I like the extended bow option on the new boats and there is the $3,000 difference.  I watched a review of a GCW online and two male adults were sitting in the front corner seats and their legs were almost touching on the floor.  It looked like if the bow gate seat was there and someone was in it, they would be playing footsies.  The 2574 is longer, but no wider than ANY of these boats.  The SSRX just felt more open when we were standing on it.  

Back