Fish Finders

clrd

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Question?

Is there anyone out there that mounted a new depth/Fish Finder on your toon.

Ordered mine with the Garmin 100 knowing I was going to replace it with a Humminbird

597ci HD DI combo. The problem I have is where to mount it without it looking bad or out of place

on my new toon. Thought about putting it where the Garmin is but it is kinda down low and

Partially behind the steering wheel. Kinda defeats the purpose if you cant see it very well.

Will be mounted on a 20 SSIX

Any ideas and Pics would be great. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could just put a cover over the hole and use one of the other mounts ... Just a thought ???

I was leery of the location at first behind the wheel but while on the water and in use it is not hard to see at all. It is basically a depth finder though. It's not like your going to be fishing from the helm where you can really see what is going on down there.

We do alot of fishing and I do fish from the helm. This finder also has navigation and will be using that quit often. Along with all the other features.

keep the ideas coming and would love to see pics of what others have done.

t322_ddea297411a6980c6736f9dc2d7b8b66.jpg
t322_c338be1bdc9afbdc249220796a9b96d4.jpg

This is what I put on was not to hard we run on lake Erie and Maumee river so I wanted that we could use while crusing at 35/40 mph

How long did it take you to get up the nerve to drill holes in your helm ..... :blink:

I do like that setup though ......

Here is mine...

tn_gallery_486_87_30344.jpg

Its not the first time I have drill holes in a new boat check once check twice then if you don,t see the wife go for it. We had this plan from the get go there cell phone size gps for $$$ was not for us I installed this one for about 800. It may stick out a bit but it works great and can move in any direction hi lo left right tilt

I use a smaller Humminbird 385 ci portable unit for up front by my trolling motor. My minnkota has the US2 Sonar built in. That way when I'm not fishing I just slide the unit under the helm out of the way. The motor is also mounted on a quick release plate, so if we are having a few people out for a cruise, I remove the motor and fishfinder. The Garmin at the helm is more for just reading depth while cruising.

I like the Idea from Ness3 should work the same on my helm, Will post pics when I get it installed.

Thanks Ness3

D

Here is what I ended up with, I think it should work well.. :D

Looks good CLRD! Will it interfere with the playpen cover or does it quickly remove?

Nice setup. Get a video of it in action !!

It swings down out of the way and or it can be removed very easy..

If the weather ever gets nice here I will make a video and post it.

It has been cold and rainy here for the last month. <_<

Back