Fish hook created Pin Hole in Upholstery

ErinnDan

Reaction score
I managed to have a fish throw a hook straight into the back top of my starboard bench seat.

It stuck in and I carefully removed it leaving a very small hole/tear in my upholstery, bareley visible.

What can I do to repair it or at least prevent it from getting worse?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
A little crazy glue? They make some for vinyl and leather. Loctite brand is good.

I pinched the back of the seat with the Bimini support arm and put a small (1/2 inch) tear in seat. I bought a clear patch at Dicks that worked OK. That might work for you also...

Geewest had a major tear in his Q when it was new. Had a guy (probably like the plastic surgeon) repair it and he did an amazing job. Steve

I just took my boat to an older guy who has been doing vinyl repair full time for over 30 years and takes care of all the car and boat dealers in the Bismarck/Mandan ND area, I had three 1/4 -1/2 inch tears and after he was done with all 3 which took him about 45 minutes start to finish I can't even see where they were, very good job as well as the color matching. Charged me 45 bucks. Used a heat gun his resin formula and a butter knife looking spatula and then colored it at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back