Floating Water Pads or Mats - Any Suggestions?

AlexW

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed here, I did a search and didn't find much.  We would like to get a floating water pad this year for the kids.  I know there are a gazillion options out there....Paradise Pads, Aqua Lily Pad, etc, etc.  A couple questions.....

1. Anybody have experience with a brand they'd recommend?  
  2. What's the best value?  
  3. Any retailers running specials right now?

Thanks in advance!

We have one.  It's a 4 inch pad.  It works great, but one big drawback is taking it out on the boat.  The pad takes up a lot of space and wants to blow out while underway.  Sure you can strap it down and find somewhere to store it; however, after taking it out about five times, even with us liking it, it sits beside the boat house.

I have wanted one myself, the kids would love it.  I have no doubt it would be left at home after a few times cause it would be a PITA.  PDB magazine reviewed a few of them not long ago.  Not sure if this link is still good.

http://read.uberflip.com/i/716226-september-2016

I have a Lilly Pad . Waste of money,unless you live on a lake . No place to transport or store .

I agree with the comments above regarding storage on the boat as well as usage. What I might suggest is to get a tube (if you don't already have one) that the kids can lay in, play on or whatever while you're anchored. Much easier to inflate/deflate and store, plus it has a dual purpose to pull them around the lake on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Michiman, you can get some big ass towables.  Flip them over and they're a flat pad, perfect for for "king of the hill" or float, as it were.

Our neighbors have one and it gets a lot of use but they just throw it out from their beach when family/friends are over. I've never seen it go out on one of their boats. They do look like a lot of fun for the little ones though.

We have a pad that we bought at Sam's Club a couple of years ago.  It is a bit smaller than others I have seen as it is 6' by 10' but is still a pain to roll and stow when not in use.  Kids really like it and I admit that is is nice for adults to just float and sun on but still a pain.

Jack

Thank you all for the replies!  I'm prepared for the pain of moving and storage....we've borrowed one from a friend in the past.  

Does anyone have comments on particular brands?

No experience with them but they do look like fun! Enjoy...

Back