Front Bimini top

Terror

Reaction score
We bought a new 2012 24ssl last January, in march we found out we were having triplets. We didn't get much time on the water last year (12hrs). We originally wanted the standard cover for shade and that suited us great. We took the trio out on the lake for the first time yesterday and found that having a front cover is going to be needed to keep more shade on the boat for the next couple years depending on wind and sun direction.

Is there an after market or Bennington accessory that can be purchased to addon a front cover that matches the current top?

Thanks

I bought the same boat last year and told the dealer I wanted the double top. The dealer said not a problem, but when they placed the order with Bennington, they said it was not an option on this model. I told them to cancel the order, then the Bennington said they would run it thru engineering to see what they could do. They had to make adjustment to the front seating area (added a couple of inches) and make a custom cover. Bennington put the customer first and has been great to deal with, I do not think any other pontoon manufacture would have done what Bennington did for us. I think you may have a hard time finding a front cover, since we had to make changes while the boat was being built. I would call Bennington or your dealer to see if the current year has added a front cover to the list of options and see if they will make a custom front cover for you.

I purchased a bimini buddy top for my 2012 2275 GCW last year and it works great, easy to put up and remove. It was slightly too long for the 22', but should work perfectly for a 24'. The use Sunbrella fabric, which was a very close match for my black top.

They will send you color swatches for you to compare colors. The price was around $550 with no shipping. It is definitely a good alternative. I have found a shop that will cut it off and put a zipper fastener between the two tops, but that is preference not necessity.

Good Luck.....Roy

Back