Fuel Capacity of a 2013 2550 RBR with ESP

wchasioux

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone will know the answer to this question, but what is the max fuel capacity of a 2013 2550 RBR with ESP? I placed an order for one this weekend and was told by my salesman that the 55 gallon fuel tank upgrade was part of the ESP package, even though it says it is extra. When you go into the Bennington web site to build the boat, the optional 55 gallon fuel tank never comes up as an option. I see that it is about a $1000 option on other models and does show up in the build options of other models. Today I was told by the sales manager that due to the rear chairs being mounted in the back, the optional 55 gallon fuel tank for the center pontoon isn't available. I suspect that is the correct answer but when you search 2550 RBRs on the web, they often mention that they have the upgraded 55 gallon fuel tank. I have ordered my boat with a 250 hp Merc Verado engine, so if the 55 gallon fuel tank would be an option, I would definitely want it. Thanks.

I can't say for sure on the RBR, but I ordered the RCW and went through a similar experience. The online boat builder had a problem that when you checked off ESP it zero'd out the 55g tank amount. My dealer told me it was included in ESP but I'd already closed my deal with it as an $1,347 option. Shortly after, the boat builder was updated with new language that said it was included but priced separately so I ended up paying for it. Here is what it says now, which is still a bit contradictory:

Elliptical Sport Package - ESP (22) ESP hull offers stability, displacement, quick planing and handling characteristics that rival a fiberglass boat. Designed for high horsepower applications, ESP includes a patented 32" elliptical center pontoon with lifting strakes, 25" diameter outer pontoons with performance foils, solid round keels on all 3 tubes, SeaStar® hydraulic steering with Power Assist upgrade, underdeck wave shield and 55-gallon fuel tank upgrade. Power Assist and Fuel Tank upgrades recommended for engines greater than 150 hp. (Recommended Power Assist & Fuel Tank upgrades are not included in this ESP package price, upgrades sold separately.)

Some things are just priced into the package, such as the wave shield, while others like the power steering and fuel tank are priced separately so the whole upgrade is really about $9.5k. Then the center tube storage is another must have at $1k+ if you're getting the ESP.

TomS,

I did add the center tube storage. I agree, that is a must if you have the ESP. I don't find that the fuel tank option comes up at all on the RBR build. The online boat builder allows me to add the Power Assist and floor storage but doesn't show any option for a fuel tank. I can live with it either way, but I would like to be sure that I am not missing out on that option.

Yeah I'm in the same situation even though I'm a small lake. Feeding a thirsty Verado 250 Pro with a small gas tank doesn't make a lot of sense.

I see it doesn't come up on the RBR builder which is strange. It is back on the RCW one. Perhaps Bennington provides it as a comp to the dealer on one of their "plans".

I am impressed with Team Bennington. I emailed this question to them and promptly received a call the next morning with the explanation. It was explained to me that due to the layout of the RBR boat, the 55 gal fuel tank is not an option for it. I appreciate their fast response. Nice job!

wchasioux, my son is working on the gas and oil rigs out of Dickinson. Pretty tough weather on a boy from Arkansas.

Yup, tough on all of us too. - 21 F this morning. It is especially hard on our people that work outside or are living in temporary housing such as campers. Hope he is adjusting to the weather and staying safe.

Currently, the fuel systems on RBR and GBR models are located on the port side inside the bar area. (35 gallon tank) A center-tube fuel tank is not available due to the location of the recliners behind the bar. Their location limits/restricts access to EPA-required fuel fittings in the center tube fuel system. Sorry for any confusion! TB

Back