Fueling problem

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Have a 2019 21SF tri-toon with a 150 hp Yamaha. Filled the fuel tank a couple months ago. Since then have run 3-4 hours and the fuel gauge read just under 1/2 tank. Pulled up to fuel dock, unscrewed the gas cap, only to discover the fuel was at the top of the nozzle and could not add fuel. Engine running fine, although perhaps running a tad below full rpm (maybe 5800). Knowing the vapor recovery systems have been problematic. since day one I was wondering if this could be the issue. Any suggestion is welcome.

Problem solved Re-routed vent line along with re-plumbing vapor recover line and the tank allowed fuel (little under 1/2 tank showing and pumped 13 gallons, so pretty close). Neither of these solutions were issues that should have impeded fueling, but strange things happen on the water.

Doubt this would have been covered by warranty as there were no previous issues with fueling. Did the work myself, somewhat for selfish reasons. !, wanted to tear things apart to see how the piping was done,, and 2, local dealers were closed for holidays Christmas-New Years and my marina had a special on gas, $2.56 a gallon and I didn't want to miss out,,,lol

Back