Furniture Covers

gerry

Reaction score
Does Bennington ever offer individual furniture covers without the need for an entire playpen cover ? Maybe the manufacture of their playpen cover could make them available model specific. I just think it would be easier to drape furniture covers over individual sections of the furniture than install the entire playpen cover. Gerry

I've been threatening to order some Surlast fabric and get out my wife's sewing machine to make seat covers.

Those spiders on the ceiling of my boathouse are wearing out my light Ivory color of seats with their droppings.

I would hold down the seat covers with velcro.

Applying the mooring cover is just so difficult since we use the boat so often.

I think you'll have to find a shop to make them for you.

Thought just that Carl. Just hoping Benningtons cover supplier could have the specs and ready market for that. Bama, that is exactly why my question. We sometimes take the RCW out every night at least and a pain to drag the cover off and on. Just tried a supposedly environmentally friendly spider pesticide from Amazon called Webout. Instructions state it can be used around water and boathouses. Will see. Gerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bota came with the playpen cover too. Find a local shop and have individual seat covers made... Local marine stores may provide ths service, but they have premium pricing..... I have a 22ft GS series and it cost me >$1000.00

Overtons has a line of furniture covers, you might check their website. You could also google pontoon furniture covers and see what comes up, good luck.

Roy

For those of you w/the boathouses...........could you just "lay" the mooring cover over your boat instead of fully installing the cover w/ the snaps, poles etc. ????? I know it's a pain to put that cover on at times........okay All the time.........but that cover is protecting more than those seats. The carpet, rails, instrumentation on the helm, all come to mind............

Yes, I know Daril, but the problem seems to be with the furniture. The carpet and hard surfaces wipe clean easily. Its the upholstery that that seems to be the pain. Also thought if just a couple of us went out, we could leave the covers on the unused seating area. Maybe I'm just being lazy and wanting the best of both worlds. Gerry

To echo what 12voltman said, they can be made by your local marine shop (most have upholstery services). We had indivdual seat and helm covers on our old Sweetwater...some were wearing pretty bad, so we had them replaced before we sold it this spring. It cost us about $1200. But something to think about...you would need snaps on the base of your seats or the floor - I would assume the playpen cover snaps on the perimeter of the boat would work on that side and also protect your rails a bit.

Having had both (we are in an uncovered slip, so have to cover every use, and use it a lot!) I prefer the playpen cover! Our carpet on the old boat wore much more quickly as a result of being exposed to the elements all season long. My husband would probably tell you the opposite. :rolleyes: But mostly when he and one buddy go out and are forced to uncover the whole thing, instead of just the seats they'll use.

Yes, I know Daril, but the problem seems to be with the furniture. The carpet and hard surfaces wipe clean easily. Its the upholstery that that seems to be the pain. Also thought if just a couple of us went out, we could leave the covers on the unused seating area. Maybe I'm just being lazy and wanting the best of both worlds. Gerry
I understand Gerry.............Hey, your Reds are in the same boat as my Nationals............about 5 or 6 games back and can't get over the hump! Hopefully we can help you all out when Pittsburgh comes here after the Dodgers.............I agree w/Sugarbugs and the playpen cover protecting the carpet from the sun!

My boathouse being covered, the sun is not an issue, but thanks for the input. Walking out of the office as soon as I finish this. Heading to Great American Ballpark !! See you later. Gerry Go Reds !!! :) ( Nats. too Daril. I do have a DC ball hat :rolleyes: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Little story. . . .

In a Marina that I had my previous 32' cruiser for 7 years, there were two pontoon boats side by side. They were both new in 2005. I cannot remember the brands I think they were Suntrackers. . . (not like our elite Benny's ! ). One owner put his playpen cover on after every use loyaly and the other only used seat covers. About 5 years later, my wife and I were looking at them as we became interested in a different boating style and noticed that neither looked the same anymore. One still looked new and the other looked 5 years older. The flooring and rails were aged and the bimini looked like it needed replacement already. We will use the playpen cover. Takes me 5 min off and 10 min on....okay I get a little sweaty doing it, but I developed a strategy that makes it simple and goes into a duffle bag and the bag goes into my truck and off in no time on the water.

As Daril knows, we have a roof over our boat. If we're not on the boat, the cover is on. It takes about 15 minutes and I have less cleaning.

As Daril knows, we have a roof over our boat. If we're not on the boat, the cover is on. It takes about 15 minutes and I have less cleaning.
Yup! Home of the "Jersey Girl"!!!!!!!!

Back